Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

SC= Super Carrera = Marketing badge.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Formerly known as Syzygy

The sportomatic was available until 1980, so could be in the SC. But it's still not a true automatic as you need to shift, only it doesn't require the use of a clutch pedal.

Regarding the alarm, you're a little unclear. You say that when you put the key in, the alarm went off. Where did you put the key, in the door lock or the ignition? When you just inserted the key, the alarm went off? Was that just when you put the key in the lock or turned it or opened the door?

Perhaps you should not hook up the battery but check around to determine if the alarm is factory or if there is a control box or keypad somewhere for an aftermarket unit.

Is your intent to sell all the 911s because there may be an interested party or two lurking about. Or do you plan to keep one to play with? If you're going to keep one, I suggest you start reading lots of stuff here and elsewhere online about the 911 history and whatnot. Many people here will help out a huge amount and answer all your questions but I think it only fair for you do do some of your own homework and educate yourself. Knowing what an SC is is at the very basis of 911 knowledge as a model badge within the 911 line, such as Carrera, S, T, E, etc. But SC and Carrera are the big ones that most seem to be aware of along with others like Targa and Cabriolet and Turbo.

Pelican has a large technical information section that will supply you with loads of information. https://www.pelicanparts.com/911/911tech_articles.htm. A simple google search will give you a ton of history and buying guides with model information as well as examples of others' custom builds.

1987 ROW coupe, Marine blue, with a couple extra goodies.

The cars we love the best are the ones with human traits, warts and all.

Last edited by Canada Kev; 03-08-2018 at 04:55 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Hey Laloquera, sent you a PM with my number. I'm in Vallejo, about 35 minutes away from you. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or would like me to come out and take a look at what you got going on there.
Gone but always missed: 1976 912Ex2, 1984 911 Coupe, 1984 911 Targa, 1987 911 Cabriolet (perfection), 1989 911 Targa
Old 03-08-2018, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Under the radar

Location: Sebastopol, the land of wine and redwoods in The Republic of California.
Garage
Your homework. Seriously, the Owner's Manual will answer MANY of your questions.
#56 PCA Redwood Region, GGR, NASA, Speed SF
Trackrash's Garage :: My Garage

Last edited by Trackrash; 03-08-2018 at 07:19 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

I stand corrected. The 82 is manual and the 90 is automatic. Im still working on the key for the 90. Ive looke high and low for it and nada.
Anybody have ideas on how to about it. Hate to tare into the column.
KANADA KEY, THANKS FOR MAKING HAPPENING.

Last edited by laloquera; 03-08-2018 at 08:15 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I do have a partner and we plan to put them on the market as soon as we fire them up and be certain that they are road worthy. TBA
Old 03-08-2018, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Canada key. we hook up the battery and the alarm sounds off. We tried to turn the ignition key and nothing happens. So we disconnected the battery and walk away.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Hello laloquera

I live in the Davis, Ca area as well as 3 other 911 SC owners and PCA members of the Sacramento Valley Region PCA. If you are really stuck as to what to do, I suggest you go to University Imports Automotive
1505 5th street, Davis, Ca 95616
They have worked on my 911 SC as well as others and they can point you in the right direction.
Since you said you will be selling as soon as you start them, you will need to get them SMOGGED and not many places around in this college town do them. I just used EZ SMOG next door to University Imports Automotive on 5th Street.

If you have any questions about the SC , feel free to message me.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
I would also look at this old thread about the alarm:

How can I disable the factory alarm system on my 85 Carrera?
Old 03-08-2018, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

My advice - don't bother 'firing' them up - sell them as-is to someone who knows how to fire these up. I wouldn't waste your time in getting them running as you are very upfront about not keeping them. What's the point of ruining something or having a fire just to start them? Sell them as they sit.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
shh-the robot is sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by laloquera View Post
Canada key. we hook up the battery and the alarm sounds off. We tried to turn the ignition key and nothing happens. So we disconnected the battery and walk away.
Try the 964 forum here. Iím sure they can help.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
My advice - don't bother 'firing' them up - sell them as-is to someone who knows how to fire these up. I wouldn't waste your time in getting them running as you are very upfront about not keeping them. What's the point of ruining something or having a fire just to start them? Sell them as they sit.
Agree. More risk than reward. Nobody that has a real interest in owning one of these cars will care if you can get it to fire. Have you tried turning it by hand? Easier and as informative as a potential buyer needs with respect to these particular cars.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
If the SC is complete and undamaged i'll give you $10k to roll it into a transporter, sight unseen. Then you will have the cash you need to pay someone to get the rest sorted properly!
Old 03-09-2018, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR View Post
If the SC is complete and undamaged i'll give you $10k to roll it into a transporter, sight unseen. Then you will have the cash you need to pay someone to get the rest sorted properly!
$10k? That's hilarious. BHCC would offer him more than that.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
$10k? That's hilarious. BHCC would offer him more than that.
I'm glad I was able to brighten up your day. As I know a good deal about these cars I know that that SC "could" suck up $15k in repairs if ANYTHING is wrong with the motor, another $5k for the tranny rebuild it might need, then figure clutch, suspension, brakes, fuel system, rodents, and 100 other things that could be waiting there.. Not so far fetched an offer.

Last edited by GaryR; 03-09-2018 at 06:09 AM..
Old 03-09-2018, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm glad I was able to brighten up your day. As I know a good deal about these cars I know that that SC "could" suck up $15k in repairs if ANYTHING is wrong with the motor, another $5k for the tranny rebuild it might need, then figure clutch, suspension, brakes, fuel system, rodents, and 100 other things that could be waiting there.. Not so far fetched an offer.
I too am well versed in these cars. And I am well versed in the market.

A $10K offer for that SC frankly is insane, if not downright sinister. I'd say it's a tad over "far fetched" - I'd say a $10K offer is fictional in 2018.

Doesn't matter what it 'could' suck up. A $32K SC that just went off on BaT needed $10K worth of work. Any 911 that you buy without paperwork is going to need this at least this in tires, brakes, fuel lines, CIS, gas tank, head studs, etc. etc.

$10K? Fair? Are you living in 2011? Last SC I saw go for $10K was in 2011 - and it looked a lot worse than this one. A core 3.0 engine I saw just sold for $5500 in a day.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
Get it out of your system champ...
Old 03-09-2018, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Get it out of your system champ...
Hey friend, I'll give you $20K for your running SC if you put it on a flatbed. I'll even ship it from Spain or wherever. I mean, a good running SC can't be worth more than $20K nowadays...
Old 03-09-2018, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Hey friend, I'll give you $20K for your running SC if you put it on a flatbed. I'll even ship it from Spain or wherever. I mean, a good running SC can't be worth more than $20K nowadays...
Maybe you should step away from the keyboard for a while.... get some air.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

No alarm key locks in the door jam on either Carrera.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: