Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
RS America Door Trim Question

I am re-upholstering my interior and changing my stock door panels for the RS style. In the process I noticed that there are two style of bezels for the door handle and door opener straps.

The opener strap bezel is held on by tabs and the door pull bezels are held on by screws. (see pix below)

My question is, A do the ones with the tabs stay on, or do they pop off easily, and B other than the mounting style are they identical (dimensions, size of hole etc.)

Thx in advance

Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 03-08-2018, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Got it solved. Just talked to Bob at Appbiz and he told me the reason. Because the door pull is bolted to the door itself, the bezels need to snap in place (on the interior panel) after and cannot be screwed on from the back side of the panel...
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have the clip on style and they do not pop off. However I found when I originally put them in they did pop off. That was resolved by slightly loosening the fasteners that hold the pulls on. No trouble with them since.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
GOM (Grumpy Old Man)

OP, I have the style shown in the first photo. Is there extra hardware required on the panel side in order for the bezel to snap into place? Mine do not stay in place and didn't come with any extra hardware (that I am aware of). Still a mystery to me. If you don't need extra hardware, how do you get them to snap securely? I can't make it happen for the life of me!
Old 03-08-2018, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hey Busta,
I was able to secure mine by just loosening the two bolts that hold the handle to the door. It gives you a little more material for the clips to hold. They been good now for at least a year.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
GOM (Grumpy Old Man)

Thank you. Will give it a try. I have mine cranked down pretty tight right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayles View Post
Hey Busta,
I was able to secure mine by just loosening the two bolts that hold the handle to the door. It gives you a little more material for the clips to hold. They been good now for at least a year.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Neerlandofiel

Guys, What you need is a flanged washer under the bolt head. This creates some space for the plastic to grip the head.

Gone: 08 Cayman S Sport, 67 911R Hotrod, 09 Cab, 93 RSA, 91 964, 13 Boxster, 15 Macan S, 05 Lotus Elise, 00 M-Coupe, 71 914-6, 75 Carrera, 11 997 GTS etc..
Old 03-28-2018, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Here is my finished door panel.

The cap on the locking knob is still missing but you get the idea...

The pattern on the door matches the angle of the door pillar and it carries through the back.

The rear seat when folded down also has the pattern continuing.
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 06-13-2018, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: