Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Forgot to mention I also have a dash piece set with no holes whatsoever that should be ready in the coming weeks to delete hvac controls, radio, lighter, fog light switch, defroster switch, and the seatbelt lamp.

Build: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/991925-1985-carrera-build-thread.html
Old 11-07-2018, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
PhD on Pending Projects

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wachuko Send a message via Yahoo to wachuko
What an awesome build. And that color for the shell is spectacular!

1967 - Porsche 912
1981 - Porsche 911 SC
1991 - Porsche 911 C4 Wide-body Cabriolet
Old 11-08-2018, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Garage
1985 Carrera Build Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
What an awesome build. And that color for the shell is spectacular!

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Build: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/991925-1985-carrera-build-thread.html
Old 11-09-2018, 12:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Garage
Alex what a great build. Love the detail. Quick question, earlier in the build it looks like you had a Rennline lower dash but changed back to the oem leather covered knee pads. Did you not like the Rennline. I was thinking of getting the Rennline lower dash and your car is the first I've see with it installed. Also I might be interested in buying some of your parts in anodized black but still in deciding how I will be changing my interior.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian911T View Post
Alex what a great build. Love the detail. Quick question, earlier in the build it looks like you had a Rennline lower dash but changed back to the oem leather covered knee pads. Did you not like the Rennline. I was thinking of getting the Rennline lower dash and your car is the first I've see with it installed. Also I might be interested in buying some of your parts in anodized black but still in deciding how I will be changing my interior.

Hi Brian, thank you for the kind words. Yes itís true, I did change from the rennline lower dash piece back to the oem leather one. The rennline one is great and I like slimmer profile it gives the dash, a little more knee room. However when I designed my own dash pieces I had based the measurements off the oem lower pieces. The problem is that for a seamless look I created a bend in my pieces to match the curve at the ends of the oem piece. When the rennline piece arrived I realized they cut the ends flat at 90 degrees. This caused a strange gap and overlap that I didnít like so I recovered the oem pieces and used them instead.

You can see the tapered down edge in these two pictures. I donít have a picture that close up of the rennline piece at the moment unfortunately. I still have the rennline piece that I never used if youíd like to buy it for cheaper. However, I donít recommend you use the rennline piece with the pieces I made unless you donít mind doing a little trimming. Let me if youíre interested or have any questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-12-2018, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
1985 , 3.2 , build thread , carrera