Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Science is not optional

July 2005 has a very thorough look at brakes and brake systems including update options and modifications on a level that I have not seen on the forms and that I rarely see in the Publications including Panorama anymore.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Science is not optional

The latest issue of Panorama has an article referring to brakes that basically boils down to change your brake fluid from time to time.

Here is a representative page from the 2005 panorama of simple but thorough evaluation, comparison, and contrasting documentation of rotors, pads, and accompanied by reference data that goes beyond the current offerings from Panorama or excellence. Also, well beyond any average build thread on the forums.

Last edited by rbogh901; 04-28-2018 at 03:09 PM..
Old 04-28-2018, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Formerly known as Syzygy

I tend to agree with the sentiments that many articles and even publishers did a more thorough and 'better' job on their tech stories in the not so distant past. Many car features now seem to be basically a FOR SALE ad for the owner with the last paragraph including a statement indicating the car "is now up for sale" and contact information for the seller.

There is one article series that I can think of off the top of my head that I made sure I got all the issues. It was a five part series in European Car describing a 3.2 Carrera engine rebuild for a late 80s car. The then owner is here on Pelican but I cannot remember his handle - 3.5 something or other. Now that article had value in my opinion.

1987 ROW coupe, Marine blue, with a couple extra goodies.

The cars we love the best are the ones with human traits, warts and all.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Driver

Missed this thread. Just wanted to say thanks to those who appreciate and clearly "get" what 000 is about, and after.

If you're in Atlanta or anywhere near it: Would love to see you at PECATL on 11/17. We're having a little shindig called Rare Shades 2, and everyone is invited...
Old 11-08-2018, 11:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Under the radar

Location: Sebastopol, the land of wine and redwoods in The Republic of California.
Garage
+1 ^^

Although Panorama is good, 000 is GREAT.
#56 PCA Redwood Region, GGR, NASA, Speed SF
Trackrash's Garage :: My Garage
Old 11-09-2018, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: