Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Interior

I got most of the interior finished. Here are some pix.

I opted for the aluminum spoke Momo Prototipo and added an aluminum cap on the top of the shift knob also. The car is silver with a brushed stainless targa bar and some additional aluminum accents and I wanted to carry the details through the whole car. The radio has been removed and used a blank plate that houses the hazzard and rear window heater buttons.

You can catch a glimpse of my cup wheels that replaced the turbo twist. The right side mirror is still missing. They are Vitaloni on the stock stems painted to match the car.

For the back area I wanted to continue the same pattern as the front doors, and we keep going with the slanted pattern behind the rear seat also, but the pad and rear seat back has diamond pattern.

The rear seat pads are wrapped in leather all around and have Velcro on the bottom instead of being glued in place. The rear seat area is also showing the square weave (synthetic carpet well)

Here is a closeup of the door pull and opener. The pull is aluminum and the center part is wrapped in leather and handstichted in the back. The idea was to resemble the spokes of the Momo wheel. (the door lock wheel cover is still missing the cap since I didn't want to pry it out when taking the panel back off). The door opener is a thick piece of leather strap. There are some details we still need to finalize.

The shifter surround is still missing, because I removed the console and a smaller version will replace it that I yet to finish building. We covered the carpet in front of the shifter in leather also. It's kind of a shame but the aluminum floor boards are covered up with carpet, but this is more practical.
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-13-2018, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Wow looking really good!
06 BMW 330I
Personal Qoute: "Do whatever makes you feel good"
Old 05-14-2018, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Nice photo-docs on project 3D

Current: '80 Silver Targa w /'85 3.2, '79 Anthracite 930
Prior: '74 Carrera. '79 Silver 930. '79 Black 930.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks guys.
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-15-2018, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
I normally do not like Targa's, that is looking good
Old 05-15-2018, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Here's a shot with the doors open showing the front seats, recovered roof and brushed targa bar

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-15-2018, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Installed the ducktail decal yesterday. Here are a few pix.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-15-2018, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Nice work, that exhaust set up is frickin cool as fuch, nice work!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2018, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Looks great! I like the louvered rear panel. I'm trying to come up with a design of my own for that area, but I might just borrow yours!

As for wheels, have you seen how it looks with a set of Fuchs? These cars sit pretty on 7&8 x 16s, with the stock rubber size of 205/225 front and rear tires. I'd vote for a set of those, finished in RSR style with polished lips, like Magnus does them. Check it out.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Awesome work. I really like the Ferrari Daytona style seats. They look pretty cool. That was creative and I think it's paid off. I'd like to see more of that in 911 interiors.

But seriously? All that work and keeping those cheesy turbo twists? Man you have to be kidding me.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Regarding the louver panel, I am replacing the bottom trim on it, because the one I used doesn't really work, and I am also going to experiment with the placement of the panel and see how it works and looks if it fits right up against the panel. Right now it has spacers, so it's flush with the tail light lenses.
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-16-2018, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
The interior turned out well. I wanted to make just a little different from stock, and create a pattern that we can use throughout the car. I have seen a lot of front door RS panel retrofits, but non of them seem to tie in with the rest of the interior. I think we made it work and it does have a factory feel to it.

RE the wheels; the turbo twists are a gonner and are up for sale. I have a set of Cup replicas to fit this model. I'll have more full car pix when it's all complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Awesome work. I really like the Ferrari Daytona style seats. They look pretty cool. That was creative and I think it's paid off. I'd like to see more of that in 911 interiors.

But seriously? All that work and keeping those cheesy turbo twists? Man you have to be kidding me.
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-16-2018, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
I agree I do like the Magnus Walker wheels also, but what I ended up using instead is a set of Cup style wheels in 17 that is sized for the earlier (like mine) cars. I was just waiting for the corner balance and wheel alignment to be done before installing them.

They are on the car now

I already commented on the louver panel above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcorgi View Post
Looks great! I like the louvered rear panel. I'm trying to come up with a design of my own for that area, but I might just borrow yours!

As for wheels, have you seen how it looks with a set of Fuchs? These cars sit pretty on 7&8 x 16s, with the stock rubber size of 205/225 front and rear tires. I'd vote for a set of those, finished in RSR style with polished lips, like Magnus does them. Check it out.
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-16-2018, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks. It is a good sounding exhaust also, but not too loud. Unfortunately the tail pipe shifted after installing a new cat, I am going to have to see if we can adjust it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSK8r View Post
Nice work, that exhaust set up is frickin cool as fuch, nice work!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
Although the car is not 100% finished yet, here are some pix I shot this afternoon
(Note the plate is not for this car, it used to be on my 84 but I don't have my new plate yet.)

Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-16-2018, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
I modified the center console and removed the standing section. It's not installed yet, but I'll put it in later this week.

Here it is in stock configuration in the car

Out of the car

...and the finished piece after modifying it and upholstered all in red.
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-21-2018, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Excellent job!
Been thinking of adding a duck tail and new bumpers as well to my 85. Wasn't sure if they'd look good on a Targa...but your car has me convinced!
Who is thw manufacturer of the bumpers? Look great!!!!
Old 05-22-2018, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ddesigns911 View Post
I modified the center console and removed the standing section. It's not installed yet, but I'll put it in later this week.

Here it is in stock configuration in the car

Out of the car

...and the finished piece after modifying it and upholstered all in red.
This is extremely cool--especially for those of us who are not wild about the toilet plunger.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Garage
Hi. Great work. I have worked with leather as amateur and you can easily take all wrinkles away by using an heat air gun. Here is a link that may help:

https://youtu.be/6KME5tJtjBM

My seat before and after the air gun:

Old 05-23-2018, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
I have both tails. I kept my original decklid painted as well, as well as original Carrera tail, but the ducktail fits really well and I like the negative lettering on it, so I will keep it on the car.

The rear bumper I bought from somebody on this forum, and I think it was made by TRE. I actually bought a set from the same person, but I ended up using a different front bumper because the TRE one had a splitter on it and we felt that it might be more difficult for street driving for driveways etc. They are both very good quality, straight with a nice thick gel coat finish.

...so I ended up buying another front bumper from Rennspeed, and although it fits well, the quality of the finish was not nearly as good as the TRE. It took a lot more work to prep the Rennspeed one.

BTW I do have the TRE front bumper with the splitter for sale if anybody is interested. We test fitted it on the car and it's dead on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodjosh View Post
Excellent job!
Been thinking of adding a duck tail and new bumpers as well to my 85. Wasn't sure if they'd look good on a Targa...but your car has me convinced!
Who is thw manufacturer of the bumpers? Look great!!!!
Instagram#3DdesignsSD
Old 05-23-2018, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: