Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

IROC Splitter Template

Just wondering if anyone has ever drawn up a template for a narrow body IROC splitter to throw on a CNC router. Looking for something in DXF/DWG format. I am going to draw one up, but figured I would save some effort if its already been done!

Old 05-22-2018, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
jeez great idea hopefully you do it. thanks
Old 05-22-2018, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Oh cool. I just bought a big sheet of aluminum to make a front splitter, I haven't drawn up a template yet though.
'77 911s - Peru red IROC Clone
'89 964 C4 - Guards red
Old 05-23-2018, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

who makes that blue iroc bumper on the top pics? the grill insert looks like a perfect fit.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfaust View Post
who makes that blue iroc bumper on the top pics? the grill insert looks like a perfect fit.
Not sure. I pulled those images from a couple of threads while searching for a template.

Here is what I'm working on:

And I just oversized some stock material, powder-coated black, and used silicone to adhere it from the backside:
Old 05-23-2018, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I will work on a template for a splitter this weekend unless someone comes through with one before then!
Old 05-23-2018, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
subd,

I am planning to make one for my car- maybe we can have one shop / person do it and go in on a group buy?
Old 05-23-2018, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
also, here are a few ideas as well.
they may add some front end down force compared to the others.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage

Old 05-23-2018, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Check out CCP Fabrication. They make a FB narrow body splitter. I have one on my track car - great quality for the price. Custom Porsch Race Car Products | Porsch Race Car Part Fabrication | Custom Porsch 911 Parts | Porsch Boxer Parts | Porsch 924 Car Parts
Old 05-23-2018, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarbanzo View Post
^^^ That looks really good to me just filling the corners. More custom hot rod than race car wanna be.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
THANKS KNODE nice site and good prices.... wonder what fitment is like for the body parts..
Old 05-23-2018, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarbanzo View Post
Not sure. I pulled those images from a couple of threads while searching for a template.

Here is what I'm working on:

And I just oversized some stock material, powder-coated black, and used silicone to adhere it from the backside:
your grill solution looks good. i think mine is a TRE... it fits body nice but i notice the box frame face on it isnt square or consistent as the real ones in this area with larger radi.

i was also thinking about a splitter that has slot tracks in the panel so you can slide it rearward underneath hiding it for street use, protection from steep ramp angles or a stockish look then pull it out for track or spirited driving.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
your grill solution looks good. i think mine is a TRE... it fits body nice but i notice the box frame face on it isnt square or consistent as the real ones in this area with larger radi.

Yeah, mine is a TRE bumper as well. This was the best solution I could come up with for the grill.

Quote:
i was also thinking about a splitter that has slot tracks in the panel so you can slide it rearward underneath hiding it for street use, protection from steep ramp angles or a stockish look then pull it out for track or spirited driving.

Exactly! My biggest motivation for doing this is a sacrificial plate to protect the underside of the bumper. I was thinking fore/aft slotted holes or a pattern of holes indexed at a nominal dimension. Either way, once the holes are matched and drilled in the car, a replacement is as easy as cutting another.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knodeland View Post
Check out CCP Fabrication. They make a FB narrow body splitter. I have one on my track car - great quality for the price. Custom Porsch Race Car Products | Porsch Race Car Part Fabrication | Custom Porsch 911 Parts | Porsch Boxer Parts | Porsch 924 Car Parts

I just ordered this, I will update everyone when it comes in

thanks for the link!
Old 05-24-2018, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Diss Member

If anyone can come up with enough dimensions or enough photos from dead perpendicular, I can turn it into a DWG file.

To get the dimensions right I suspect it would need a couple iterations so I can fire back PDF files to be printed out and taped together to compare to it. If someone wants to go through it let me know.

--
Wayne - 87 Carrera coupe -> The pooch.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Levi- View Post

Mark at Accumoto has those bumpers and splitters custom made for his customers. Notice how the bumper is more trimmed to the car than the usual IROC bumpers. His cars are a work,of art, and are fast too.
'97 BMW 528i (the sensible car, bought new)
'12 Vintage/Millenium 23' v-nose enclosed trailer
Old 05-24-2018, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 175K911 View Post
Mark at Accumoto has those bumpers and splitters custom made for his customers. Notice how the bumper is more trimmed to the car than the usual IROC bumpers. His cars are a work,of art, and are fast too.
Exactly and his bumpers fit like a glove, I was lucky enough to get a set from Mark. unfortunately I wasn't able to get the splitter.
the bumpers get rid of that fat lip look and sit closer to the body. I'm 100% blown away by the quality. I just wish my car looked like his

Last edited by -Levi-; 05-25-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Old 05-25-2018, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Any updates on this SC/Carrera splitter design?
What is the best material to use ,thickness, 2pc? 1 pc.?
This is a winter project for the 86 car.
I am leaning toward a Jack Olsen 2 pc convertible solution soI don't have to worry about getting it on/off the trailer
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Under the radar

Location: Sebastopol, the land of wine and redwoods in The Republic of California.
Garage
Or a little fiberglass work.....
#56 PCA Redwood Region, GGR, NASA, Speed SF
Trackrash's Garage :: My Garage
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: