Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokemester View Post
Found these today at Euclid Foreign while trying to find an exhaust stud. About the same height as the Allen nuts, more to grab onto in the future. Generous amount of copper anti-seize.

lol are you sure you have enough ???
2014 Nissan Murano (Audi Support Vehicle)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueWhy View Post
Good work!!! It's quite a relief to get them all off. It may be easier/safer to just cut off the stubborn nut now that the stud is out of the car.

Looks great. I can't wait to get my SSIs and M&K installed. I'm going to have to delay my gratification, I've got some partially crushed oil lines that need attention, a dirty engine and a valve that needs adjusting. At least the old exhaust is off with all 12 studs intact.
note to all , while that exhaust is off is a perfect time to check for leaking rocker shafts. . makes for an easy afternoon replacing rocker shafts with no exhaust in the way.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiceman View Post
lol are you sure you have enough ???
Yeah I know! No Less is More when it comes to exhaust studs! Any quick tips for installing new studs? Two nuts together is all I can come up with.
2016 BMW 328i

Last edited by rokemester; 06-13-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokemester View Post
Yeah I know! No Less is More when it comes to exhaust studs! Any quick tips for installing new studs? Two nuts together is all I can come up with.
actually I just put mine in with a little Blue Loctite with my fingers . Stopped when the bottomed out. If all else fails I want these babys to just unscrew. I have no diser to force them in or put in with red Loctite.

On the one that I couldn't put in with fingers I just used a new exhaust nut ( with the deformed head ) and when the stud stopped and the nut started to turn I stopped. Next day Loctite had hardened and took the nut off.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiceman View Post
actually I just put mine in with a little Blue Loctite with my fingers . Stopped when the bottomed out. If all else fails I want these babys to just unscrew. I have no diser to force them in or put in with red Loctite.

On the one that I couldn't put in with fingers I just used a new exhaust nut ( with the deformed head ) and when the stud stopped and the nut started to turn I stopped. Next day Loctite had hardened and took the nut off.
Excellent advice! Thanks.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: