Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bob Woodman Tire co

Hi guys,

I sent a set of 4X BBS E50 wheel faces to Bob Woodman Tire co. in SC a little over 2 months ago. The deal was; to order new Inner and outer barrels from BBS, Paint centers BBS Gold and re-assemble, along with some new R888 rubber.

A month back I spoke with Andrew, who I have been dealing with since the begging. He said the BBS parts were in from Germany and the centers were to be painted shortly. 2 weeks back I called for a follow-up and he said the wheels were painted the wrong color. He said they were to be re-blasted and painted within the next few days and he would call me with a follow up and shipping delay.

Now, for a little over a week I have been trying to reach Andrew (or anyone at Woodman) with no success. Anyone know what is up? I chose Woodman Tire as my friend had great service in the past and everyone in the Porsche/BBS world who I spoke with referenced me to them.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
gearhead

It's race season. They are a small family business. Sometimes when things peak all hands are needed and there's very little office support. I bet they are at the track doing direct support and tire changing on racecars. I've known Bob for going on 20 years. He's not going to disappear without delivering your order.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 06-11-2018, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
It's race season. They are a small family business. Sometimes when things peak all hands are needed and there's very little office support. I bet they are at the track doing direct support and tire changing on racecars. I've known Bob for going on 20 years. He's not going to disappear without delivering your order.
I agree. Bob has been working on my Porsche's since 2011. During racing season they can be hard to reach.

They will come through for you
Old 06-11-2018, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

That reassures me, but I still dont understand why he can't take a minute to tell me that with a simple call back. On 2 occasions a lady answered and when I asked to speek to Andrew the line would drop.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Bob Woodman

I have been dealing with Bob for over 30 years, he covers about every non pro series for tires and this time of year is busy, he is a 911 racer and will take care of you.
Mike Bruns
Old 06-12-2018, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Then he needs to be up front with his customers.

State it!!

Pet peeve of mine. Youíre successful at doing something, but canít give your customers that make you courtesy....
Old 06-12-2018, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD87 View Post
That reassures me, but I still dont understand why he can't take a minute to tell me that with a simple call back. On 2 occasions a lady answered and when I asked to speek to Andrew the line would drop.
Thatís odd. Did you call right back and indicate the call got dropped? If you did what was the response? Or are you saying they just hang up on you and wonít speak with you further? Iím not following.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 06-12-2018, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Woodman

Spoke to Nicole, she says that Andrew is in touch with Chris
Mike Bruns
Old 06-12-2018, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Next time just order parts from BBS America in Atlanta, and have your local painter soda blast them and paint them and bolt them back together.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Andrew has since contacted me and assembled the wheels...looks like I will have them next week. Thanks to whoever mentioned my post to Woodman.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
You're welcome..he's actually a good friend of mine. I texted him at 6 am yesterday so he could get it figured out for you..hope you get your wheels soon..
Steve
Old 06-13-2018, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: