Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Looking for photos of wire routing for third brake light on an 87 3.2

Hi all,

I am looking for some pictures of how the wires are run/ mounted on a 3.2 with periscope third brake light and whale tail, I need to know how the wires mount to the deck lid hinges as well as where the wires are routed and mounted for the engine bay light. Any photos would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 06-13-2018, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello - take a look at the link below to an earlier thread where this is discussed and documented. Hope this helps you.

How to: 3rd brake light install
Old 06-14-2018, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry at Pelican Parts View Post
Hello - take a look at the link below to an earlier thread where this is discussed and documented. Hope this helps you.

How to: 3rd brake light install

Thank you for this but it doesn't really help me as I am looking for the factory wire routing on a carrera cab with periscope light as well as the routing for the engine bay light.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2018, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Does this help the small wire goes up through the hole and to the engine bay light. the other wire runs along the edge then down pass the oil fill.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolachris View Post
Does this help the small wire goes up through the hole and to the engine bay light. the other wire runs along the edge then down pass the oil fill.

Awesome! Yes this helps, does the wire that runs down into the engine compartment get fastened to the deck lid hinge with any sort of wire tie? Also does the wire the runs to the engine compartment light run inside the deck lid? Looks like it from your picture. I am jealous of the turbo! Maybe some day!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: