Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest wtb: center rear reflector

anyone has a center rear reflector for 79. the one with "porsche" letters extending to edge of both ends.

Old 03-01-2003, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest Rear center reflector....

REFLECTOR IS SOLD!

I have a rear center reflector from an '84 Carrera that is an original one...no cracks or scratches, but it does have a problem w/ the reflectorizing paint that looks like oil may have started to attack the painted back surface and it can be seen from the front as a slight blotchiness...see pictures below :

The price is $125 ...SOLD!

The reflectorizing paint on the back will need to be restored to be perfect, but the cost of a new original reflectors are about $500 now so it may be worth while doing it. Let me know if you are interested.

Contact me at : jglsbca@juno.com

Pictures : NOTE : REFLECTOR IS SOLD!

Last edited by pkfrdh; 04-04-2003 at 12:00 AM..
Old 03-02-2003, 01:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

rear reflector

looking for something to replace this. for 125 I might as well buy a reproduction one.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest Reproduction reflector...

The reproduction center reflectors cost about $150 to $180, but do not look correct for the early models. The black "PORSCHE" letters are not stock looking and if your goal is to get an original looking reflector in good condition that needs no work, good luck since I have not seen one for sale used lately at all, much less for a low price. The original new stock reflectors are very expensive now and they are the only item out there that will look stock.

I agree the cost has become outrageous for the originals, but if originality in appearance is important to you, you are stuck using an original. Have you seen what the cheaper aftermarket looks like? It looks obviously different from the stock reflector. I think it is due to Porsche not allowing any more of them to be made that look exactly like the original...copywrite issues probably.

I will restore the one I have eventually and sell it for 2/3rds of the going rate for a new one. Rear end collisions really create a demand for them.

Good luck finding a good one for cheap.

JGL
Old 03-03-2003, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
i have an original black letter reflector off of my 77, what would it go for used?
R Gruppe Member #286 once upon a time
"Alles ist gut" 2011 997 GTS
"Orange Pepper Wagon" 2009 Cayenne GTS
Old 03-03-2003, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest Rear reflector value...

Condition...condition...condition...

Any cracks, scratches, broken mounts, reflector distortion, etc. will devalue it. New ones in mint condition are going for $450 to $500.

Whatever you feel is fair and whatever someone wants to pay depending on ...condition.

JGL

Old 03-03-2003, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: