Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Where are all the old quality hand tools?

There are decades of good quality hand tools sold by the top makers, the buyers done working on cars, shops are closed and I keep hearing their kids are not into it and people are leaving the business.

But I check Craigslist, eBay, GarageJournal - I should see dozens of used sets at different makers and condition and price but I find maybe 1. Half of it is harbor freight stuff someone used for one job and is now trying to pass off. I even have a used tool shop nearby but they tonít have a ton of mechanic tools.

example, now I need a bearing puller (for a Honda) and I could get the job done with a $47 Harbor Freight kit but I would rather invest a bit more for well used American made quality but I just canít find them. I take pride in using good quality tools even though I may only need them twice in my life so buying off the truck doesnít make sense of me.

Maybe itís me but where are all the quality Snap On, Matco, OTC, Blue Point, etc. hand tools sold over the last 50 years?
Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
My other ride is a C-130J

Garage
Oh I hear ya pal. I’m constantly trolling eBay for some vintage Snap On tools. One time a Harbor Freight 3/8 extension exploded on me while working on my brakes. I learned my lesson.
Previously Owned Art from Stuttgart
2000 Boxster -1983 911 SC Cab -1984 944 N/A
Old 08-10-2018, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
36 year PCA MEMBER

Well it just so happens I have 45 years of buying Snap-On and other quality brands and am now retiring and selling. 2 huge Snap-On boxes that are full plus lots of equipment including English wheel and many other sheet metal forming tools. Wanting to sell all.
If interested please PM with your email.

Last edited by slcarr; 08-11-2018 at 06:35 AM..
Old 08-11-2018, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I Wonder

Garage
Steve (slcarr) is great to deal with. Just purchased a front clip from him. He has lots of SWB earlier stuff. Good luck with your sales and retirement Steve. Thanks Rob.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: