Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
R134 conversion question

I am preparing to convert my 82SC to R134a. Will update the York to a Sanden and change out the drier. My question is - what is the easiest way to flush out the mineral oil based lubricant? Thanks.

Old 03-03-2003, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Not to start a war of theories on Porsche AC,but are you sure you want to convert to R134A?Our AC systems are marginal at best with the stock condensors and R12,in my opinion if you have your mind made up to convert to R134A then you really need to install a larger underbelly condensor or you will be disappointed.I am by no means a expert,but I have been following the posts here on AC upgrades and this seems to be the advice of the experts,just a thought.As far as the flushing,I know Pep Boys and other auto chains sell a cleaning solution for AC systems,not sure how you use it though.Good luck.

Old 03-03-2003, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: