Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

interested !!
Old 10-25-2018, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Interested.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Interested.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
I’ve sent all the “interested” parties a PM, please send me a note at mason_paul@yahoo.com and I’ll provide more details.

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-25-2018, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Call 911

Garage
I'm interested. Please send a PM. Thanks.

My Porsche restoreth my soul.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Hi everyone, I think I’ve reaponsed to everyone’s emails and PM’s. If I missed you, please let me know. My email is the best way, mason_paul@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2018, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Reaponsed? Guess that was some week coffee.

Better “responses” ahead
Old 10-27-2018, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Good lord. “Week.”

Weak. Pathetic. Sorry.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Got my fuel lines today and I love them, very well built and high quality. Thank you again, the instructions are great and helpful as well.

Best Regards,
Alex
1986 Porsche 911 Carrera, Black
2006 Porsche Cayenne S, Black
Old 12-06-2018, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

got mine today too - thanks Paul.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Hereís a pic

Hi again! Weíre working through some short supply issues with some of the subcomponents, but in the meantime I have received some kits with the updated hose material and want to post a pic for everyone.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
Not trying to crap on Paul's service here, as I think it's great he's sharing his solution with everyone. Just want to make sure people don't forget to check the return line hose that can be a problem as well. This hose is connected to the hard line that runs along the firewall. Same situation happens with this fuel line as well; over time the degradation of the rubber allows the crimp to loosen. Here's a video of my hose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AEbQy4HOQ
Old 12-07-2018, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Kevin, totally agree and thanks! That one is not easy to replace with Teflon as it’s crimped to the hard line. It’s low pressure so less critical, but definitely, check it while you’re there. Not sure how I’d go about removing it but I’m sure I can figure out something.

If there’s interest let me know. I could try to see whether the Teflon lines are the right diameter to have an adequate seal to that hard line and if so I can add that to my kit.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-07-2018, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Also, thanks Alex and Mike! I appreciate the feedback.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_paul View Post
Hi Kevin, totally agree and thanks! That one is not easy to replace with Teflon as itís crimped to the hard line. Itís low pressure so less critical, but definitely, check it while youíre there. Not sure how Iíd go about removing it but Iím sure I can figure out something.

If thereís interest let me know. I could try to see whether the Teflon lines are the right diameter to have an adequate seal to that hard line and if so I can add that to my kit.

What do you guys think?
What about cutting the steel line and using a compression fitting? I need to do something similar for my son's 944.

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 12-08-2018, 04:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
I had a good look at mine this afternoon and it’s pretty easy to replace that line...except for cutting through the swedge cuff. Anyway, I’ll have info on a replacement for that line on Monday.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Long shot but would you be willing to make lines for a SC?
Old 12-08-2018, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
I’m working on it next week hopefully. Not sure yet.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Garage
Ok, thanks to KTL for the idea.
I looked into it and I am going to include a sixth line in my kits to get from the fitting at the Pressure Regulator back to the chassis hard line. You'll have to carefully cut off the crimp at the hard line, then my line will slip over and seal against the original hard line, then can be secured with an Oetiker that I will include.

I will be in contact with my previous customers to see if you want to get this additional line. It's the flex line shown by the "2" bracket in this picture:

Old 12-10-2018, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
price on a complete set?
thanks
Hank Clarkson ,Craig Waldner ,Don Kean ,Leroy Axel Gains
Old 12-10-2018, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: