Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attylla View Post
Really nobody out there with original 3.0 Turbo US?
With all due respect - at least one guy/gal has replied with the information you requested - only to be contradicted.
You claim to know more than the owner about his/her own car's history?

For the gen-one cars, all cars were hand assembled off the production line. Who's to say some weren't shipped with the wrong USA glass then replaced at the dealership before title was transferred, or that the factory didn't install approved US glass from their stock - without DOT markings?

Bob S

Old 01-29-2019, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARad View Post
Try LA Dismantler, Parts Heaven for Porsche (N. Calif), or maybe Parts OBSOLETE for Porsche (Ask for Gary Emory of McMinnville, Oregon - He is probably well known guy for many hard to find vintage Porsche parts you might need) - You can google all of those on their websites.
Parts Obsolete for Porsches - Offline
Thank You ARad. Very useful, I'll do some more searching there.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996 esquire View Post
With all due respect - at least one guy/gal has replied with the information you requested - only to be contradicted.
You claim to know more than the owner about his/her own car's history?

For the gen-one cars, all cars were hand assembled off the production line. Who's to say some weren't shipped with the wrong USA glass then replaced at the dealership before title was transferred, or that the factory didn't install approved US glass from their stock - without DOT markings?

Bob S
Bob,

I don't claim anything but if it sounds that way is most likely because of my poor english which is neither my first language nor my strong side

At the time I responded to Bill - who mentioned he had his car for the last 14 years (the car is 42 years old) I was convinced Parabolica Press have made no mistakes collecting their materials for Porsche 3.0 Bible but now I'm not so sure any more.

I'm going to Porsche museum in April so hopefully I'll be able to check what glass in on the museum car(s) but I'm pretty sure they will be ROW rather than US.
I believe we will find there exactly the windshield which @991gts6s has posted picture of.

I'd be most grateful if someone could take a similar picture of 1976 or 1977 US 3.0 Turbo windshield (of course the left bottom corner is more than enough) which is for sure original.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by Attylla; 01-29-2019 at 12:10 PM..
Old 01-29-2019, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
I Wonder

Garage
Marcin: Did you ever find the windshield. Thanks Rob.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Only the 75 Turbos had standard heated front windshields. This is reflected in the 1975 and 1976/1977 Turbo manuals whereas there is a difference description for the switch. For the 1976/77 Turbos, the switch controls a 2-stage setting (150W and 300W) for the rear window defogger. For the 1975 Turbo, the switch is for the heated windshield and the rear window defogger. This is also one of the differences in the engine bay as the 1975's have an extra relay that is not in the 1976/77 models.

Rough translation from 1975 manual:

Electric heating For front and rear windows

If the pull switch is pulled out as far as the first catch, both the electric heater of the windscreen and the first stage of the rear window heater (150 watts) are switched on.

In the second catch, the front windscreen heating is switched off and the heating output of the rear window heating is doubled.

A control relay switches back the performance of the rear window heating system when the current requirement of the switched-on consumers exceeds the current power of the lighting unit. The second heating circuit is automatically switched on again with sufficient generator power.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgro1959 View Post
Marcin: Did you ever find the windshield. Thanks Rob.

Hi Rob, not just yet.
@drb930 has a beautiful heated windshield for sale but it is clearly marked Sekurit and we don't know if it's the right one or not.

At the moment the key is to understand which windshield is needed

Marcin
Old 01-29-2019, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlane930 View Post
Only the 75 Turbos had standard heated front windshields. This is reflected in the 1975 and 1976/1977 Turbo manuals...
That brings the whole new light to our search results and also explains a lot
Thank You very much @rlane930

Old 01-29-2019, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
930 , carrera , sigla , turbo , windscreen