Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

More WTB Scam

Another guy lurking around the WTB posts:

Emailed him not expecting much and got this:

Things smelled fishy so gave him a fake address and asked for pics:

More fish :/ searched google images for a 3.2 harness and lo and behold the exact same harness is for sale... in the UK.

Asked for his PayPal:

Iím sure the email and PayPal details change pretty frequently, but they seem to copy and paste the same message.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I Wonder

Garage
Paypal gift is as secure as western union for getting your money back unless YOU KNOW THE PERSON AS A FRIEND OR FAMILY. Dont ever send this way or you risk losing your money. Pay the 2.9% plus 3.99 fee then your safe 99% of the time. GLWSearch. Thanks Rob
Old 04-21-2019, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

These same guys are running the same scam in response to my WTB listing. The paypal gift card request seems to be a favorite of scammers.
Old 04-21-2019, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I got this one...

Hello Robert,

Thanks for writing, apologies for the delay in response. I have for sale a pair of black '68 Door Panels in excellent condition. In very good shape. Willing to let go for some extra cash. It came off my '68 911.
I am asking a $130 (price shipped) .I am in California and will ship via UPS. The asking price includes shipping and will take payment via PayPal gift payment .
What's your complete shipping address? Let me know if we have a deal and I will provide my PayPal.

Thanks,
Michael.
1543 W 71st St
Los Angeles CA
Old 04-21-2019, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
yikes
Old 04-21-2019, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned

received the same text as above on my wanted ad
Old 04-21-2019, 11:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
This from the same character on mine. Too good to be true offers, Friends and Family payment request.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Almost Done

Garage
Check this response out..look familliar?

Thanks for writing, apologies for the delay in response. I have for sale a Targa Top Frame in excellent condition. In very good shape. Willing to let go for some extra cash. It came off my '77.
I am asking a $350 (price shipped) .I am in California and will ship via UPS. The asking price includes shipping and will take payment via PayPal gift payment .
What's your complete shipping address? Let me know if we have a deal and I will provide my PayPal.

The photos provided didnt match each other so not the brightest at internet seaching either

The person who needs to be stopped is his "hunter"

WTB Targe Top Frame (1977)
Michael Mulder in California has it for sale. You can reach him through michaelmulder131@gmail.com. You can thank me later.

I sent a polite FO letter
Old 04-22-2019, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Old 04-22-2019, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
another attempted scam

another attempted scam

4/21/19

Wtb. (1) 9x16 fuch wheel
Michael Mulder in California has it for sale. You can reach him through michaelmulder131@gmail.com. You can thank me later.

Thanks for writing, apologies for the delay in response. I have for sale a 9jx16 Fuch rim in excellent condition. In very good shape. Willing to let go for some extra cash. It came off my '81 930. 9113621 19, 9J◊16, ET15 .
I am asking a $300 (price shipped) .I am in California and will ship via UPS. The asking price includes shipping and will take payment via PayPal gift payment .

Thanks,
Michael.
1543 W 71st St
Los Angeles CA

.................................................. ......

Let me know if we have a deal as shipping commences immediately after confirmation of your payment via paypal as a gift. I will provide my PayPal, thanks

.................................................. .......

hi michael mulder

i'm interested
put it up on ebay and i will buy it.
just let me know when you post it up so i can make the purchase

.................................................. ........................

Let me know if you are interested in purchasing it ! I don't need to put it up on ebay as I have another interested buyer ready to buy if you don't. He was referred to me today, please let me know if you are interested as I need to know if to follow up on the other buyer, I hope you understand, thanks.

.................................................. .....................

Yes Michael I am interest am interested.
but i don't feel comfortable it the arrangement.
i will do ebay or UPS COD
if not i will have to pass on the deal

.................................................. ...........

no further responses from the SCAMMER

Old 04-22-2019, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for writing, apologies for the delay in response. I have for sale a black driver side sunvisor in excellent condition. In very good shape. Willing to let go for some extra cash. It came off my '74 Targa.
I am asking a $50 (price shipped) .I am in California and will ship via UPS. The asking price includes shipping and will take payment via PayPal gift payment .

Thanks,
Michael.
1543 W 71st St
Los Angeles CA
Old 04-22-2019, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Had to make sure it wasnít that low grade aluminum crap they used in 83

I also hear porsche specialty tools are expensive and hard to come by :/

And youíve got to be careful who you buy from on EBay, scammers everywhere!

I also tried to scoop up those door panels, but I guess he didnít want to pass around to many good deals :/

He/She/They are certainly persistent, Iíll give them that!
Old 04-22-2019, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Yeah, the guy is a total scam bag and got me for $130. I was too trusting, have already taken my lashes, and will never EVER do the 'PayPal Gift' thing for someone I don't know. I hope he develops terminal paranoia, ending in meeting up with the very wrong person.
Porsche 914-6, '70
Audi S4 Avant V8 manual, '05
Old 05-04-2019, 04:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
914-6Werkshop

I do a lot of PP gift but only to the people I know or long time posters. A lot of times I'll add in a couple dollars to cover the sellers PP fee if they are already giving me a good deal. 99.9% of the people on this site are super. You just have to think for a moment before someone offers you that irresistible deal.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: