Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: Kremer porsche classics 934 935 steering wheel

Porsche classics momo steering wheel from Kremer 934.5 race car, slight patina but good overall condition. Dated 89. I don't think I have ever seen another one like this.

$1000

Old 07-04-2019, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

In all honesty, I'm afraid that is not a real kremer wheel.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi, yes it is. The script is etched/grooved in just as the victor's were. Driver's used the steering wheel they were most accustom to.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Are you SURE or even POSITIVE it is REAL genuine Kremer steering wheel?

Unless, IF you can google for any images to find one just like yours out there and post it here since I have googled all Kremer steering wheels and your steering wheel does not match any of original Kremer with "squared" at the top of the center steering wheel hub with etched/grooved "Kremer Porsche Racing at the top of the "squared" center, and even original ones has 3 bolt holes that is divided in half on each side while this one as pictured here has 6 bolt holes that are connected together (full circle) with etched Kremer Porsche Racing on the right side of the spoke that is gonna be obscured by the horn button ring.

Not sure how you ended up with this PARTICULAR steering wheel that has etched/grooved Kremer logos? Was it a special order as ONE of a KIND ? Just wondering.

The original Kremer looks like as seen in the picture (link below):

Fs:Kremer 935, Momo steering wheels

Last edited by ARad; 07-07-2019 at 12:31 PM..
Old 07-07-2019, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I wonder if Kremer made or authorized steering wheels made for their street cars. I picked one up a few years ago I'm getting ready to send out and get re-covered.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

ARad, the more common wheel was the Victor wheel you describe. Mine is a Momo. The wheel has a different diameter, thickness and feel than the victor. The original driver must have preferred this wheel.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARad View Post
Are you SURE or even POSITIVE it is REAL genuine Kremer steering wheel?

Unless, IF you can google for any images to find one just like yours out there and post it here since I have googled all Kremer steering wheels and your steering wheel does not match any of original Kremer with "squared" at the top of the center steering wheel hub with etched/grooved "Kremer Porsche Racing at the top of the "squared" center, and even original ones has 3 bolt holes that is divided in half on each side while this one as pictured here has 6 bolt holes that are connected together (full circle) with etched Kremer Porsche Racing on the right side of the spoke that is gonna be obscured by the horn button ring.

Not sure how you ended up with this PARTICULAR steering wheel that has etched/grooved Kremer logos? Was it a special order as ONE of a KIND ? Just wondering.

The original Kremer looks like as seen in the picture (link below):

Fs:Kremer 935, Momo steering wheels

ARAD you are correct my 930 Kremer and my 935 have the wheel you described

The is a photo of the wheel fitted ti my 930 Kremer Turbo in the " show me your streering wheel " thread
Old 07-07-2019, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

In addition to my previous post, there's a lot of these "unique kremer" and other engraved wheels coming from Hungary. The seller used to list them on ebay a few years ago but nowadays no longer seems to offer these wheels there. He does still list them on a different platform. A wheel being etched/grooved doesnt necessarily make it 100% original.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I bought this wheel from a known seller I meet at Hershey every year. He has owned a few ruf cars and involved with porsche racing years back. I don't know why someone would copy the kremer name along with classics stamp on a used momo wheel. This wheel was pulled many years ago, before internets.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD87 View Post
I bought this wheel from a known seller I meet at Hershey every year. He has owned a few ruf cars and involved with porsche racing years back. I don't know why someone would copy the kremer name along with classics stamp on a used momo wheel. This wheel was pulled many years ago, before internets.
Even if they did so what - whatís the difference? I doubt it affects value at all. Itís not like Kremer actually made their own steering wheels and then monogrammed them themselves. Thereís so much splitting hairs here that itís kinda ridiculous. A real Kremer 935 wasnít even designed and made by Kremer, they bought the body kit from DP Motorsport and then slapped their own decals on it. Maybe those arenít real Kremer's either...hmmm.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

That's been bugging me as well for quite a while.
Someone, somewhere has access to a precision mill and churns out wheels with famous logos such as Ruf, Kremer, etc, and sells them to unsuspetcing buyers for a non justified premium.
Buyer beware, but unless there is clear period photographic proof, these wheels are simply fakes.

Last edited by GeorgeK; 07-08-2019 at 12:22 PM..
Old 07-08-2019, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hmm anyway to prove its quote: "from Kremer 934.5 race car" ? If there is I'd be very interested.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msort81 View Post
Hmm anyway to prove its quote: "from Kremer 934.5 race car" ? If there is I'd be very interested.
Agreed, that if thereís confirmation it was used in a Kremer race car as stated, then itís worth more than without that provenance. Thatís what would add to its value, cause Kremer didnít make steering wheels, but they did use them for racing. Attaching this specific wheel to a car that Kremer used for racing would thus add to its value. Without that though, I donít see much difference between whether Kremer had someone else monogram their name on a steering wheel they didnít make, or whether someone else did that.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Seriously people, look at the wheels. 2nd tier wheels with weird, clumsily engraved logos, and in a style that *no one* can document on period pictures….
Who engraves a logo so askew on a wheel spoke (Gumba wheel above?).
I have been in this world for over 30 years, and have a long lasting steering wheel fetish, and these scream fake from a mile away.

IMHO, of course.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Contact Kremer for clarification.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumba View Post
Contact Kremer for clarification.
Like they would know anything anyways. Kremer today is only Kremer by name, the Kremer brothers are long gone from the business. Erwin died in 2006 and Manfred is not a part of the business anymore - it was sold. Theyíd have no more knowledge of period correct steering wheels than the peanut gallery here commenting on it.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD87 View Post
I don't know why someone would copy the kremer name along with classics stamp on a used momo wheel.
What would you think about a way to sell these wheels way above their actual market value...?

If I find the time I'll add several pics of "unique" wheels (and hubs) made by these guys. Trust me, I know...

P.S.: does anybody know more about that porsche classics logo? How long has that been existing? What's the origin? Does it even make sense being on here if it were indeed a true kremer wheel?
Old 07-09-2019, 01:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: