Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I Wonder

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisO View Post
I hate to even mention this, but how many people knew your route and what you were hauling?
That was my thought. That Boom truck is a pretty unique build that would be useless to most people unless it could be parted. Awfully risky to even think of doing that. Then again the tools that stole it probably dont even realize what they took. Hope it all works out. Has it come to the time everyone has to put GPS tracking discs in their property when away from home? Might be a thought for the future. Thanks Rob.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgro1959 View Post
........ Has it come to the time everyone has to put GPS tracking discs in their property when away from home? Might be a thought for the future. Thanks Rob.
I think it'd be easier to put GPS chips in the thiefs, haha
Old 07-10-2019, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
thanks for all the support guys!

as far as people knowing, sure some people knew I was coming, but last nite we were heading to west Louisiana but a bad accident and almost 2 hours at standstill on I-20 eastbound had us turning around backtracking 25 miles to Mesquite to the closest Hilton, we did not even know what hotel we were staying at until we were about 4 miles out, and no one knew about that.

www.davekealoha.com
Old 07-10-2019, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Hope you get the parts back but LE recovering your trailer in hours is impressive. An APB issued for a stolen vehicle ?
Old 07-10-2019, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, unfortunately, this was another item in the trailer, I had planned on stopping in Shreveport and sending them via greyhound to Travis, good call buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpweiss9953 View Post
Please keep your eyes open for any of these suspension parts on Craigslist, eBay etc....contact Dave or myself.

Yes, unfortunately, this was another item in the trailer, I had planned on stopping in Shreveport and sending them via greyhound to Travis, good call buddy!

www.davekealoha.com
Old 07-10-2019, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

bump back to page 1
Old 07-11-2019, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Sooner or later it will appear somewhere, I will keep an eye on the German ebay.
I hope you get your truck back completely
Old 07-11-2019, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Best of luck finding your truck.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

If it was a random thief with no targeted theft for cars parts. They could be thrown out or taken to a near by metal recycling yard? Pawn shops?

This sucks, Good luck recovering your truck and hopefully all or some of the trailer contents.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
I spoke to an auto theft task force detective here in Texas and several more F series trucks were stolen in past 24hrs and a few were recovered. He said a lot of times they steal them use them for a couple smash and grabs and dump them and steal a new one. Unfortunately he also said sometimes they strip them and leave them

www.davekealoha.com
Old 07-11-2019, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Truck was recovered yesterday abandoned on roadside, the only info I can get so far is damage to the drivers door and steering column

Thank you for all the support!

www.davekealoha.com
Old 07-17-2019, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage

Congrats on recovery!!!

Any leads on the perp?

Cheers, Louie
Old 07-17-2019, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Thatís terrific! Trailer still attached???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2019, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: