Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
WANTED ( wtb ): 1983 911 Cabriolet Factory Roll Bar

Hello all! Anyone have one for sale? I do see them offered on some sites but cost is $3800? My car seems to have come with the mounting bungs from factory. Maybe all euro cabs come with them? Thank you!

911.565.907.61 Protective bracket, leatherette, black
911.565.907.62 Protective bracket, leather, black

Old 09-12-2019, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I have roll bar, but not factory. New condition, leather wrapped. PM me
Old 09-13-2019, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
pm sent, BTT
Old 09-14-2019, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Porsche Crest

I am curious, did all 73 (Oops, meant 83) Cabriolet models (and later as well) come with provisions to attach this roll bar?

Have never seen the forward attachment point mid-way up the sides on any model before.

Len

Last edited by BoxsterGT; 09-16-2019 at 03:50 AM..
Old 09-15-2019, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterGT View Post

I am curious, did all 73 Cabriolet models (and later as well) come with provisions to attach this roll bar?

Have never seen the forward attachment point mid-way up the sides on any model before.

Len

Think I read somewhere all euro cabs came with the roll bar provisions? No cab in 73. Cab started in 83. Think I took pics of the bungs before installing carpet. Will check & attach later for reference. Maybe this car came with many options like heated windshield. Went through all the wiring and couldn’t figure what this extra black relay was for? Traced it to defogger switch then made sense.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The top photo above is of my car ('87). From my research, Porsche didn't offer the roll bar in the US because they didn't certify it met federal safety requirements. The roll bar was a factory option. All cabs have provisions on the body to accept attachment brackets; in fact, the forward brackets are already there (just needed to add threaded bosses). The rear brackets need to be welded to the wheel well inside the car. Also, the mounting changed a little between early "80's and later (note the configuration of the rear bottom supports).

I found my roll bar in Germany. At the time (2013 or '14 I think), I had searched in NA far and wide and found nothing, but Freisinger (in Karlsruhe) had one. It sure wasn't cheap, but I have never seen another. I had it re-wrapped in leather by Classic 9 Leather Shop (original was wrapped in "leatherette"). In any event, there are very few of these anywhere in NA. BTW, the second photo above is not a factory bar (note that the rear supports are joining the top of the cross bar, not the top of the side part of the bar, as the factory version had them). The cool thing with this bar is that it doesn't interfere with the convertible top, and you can still raise and lower the back seat back rests if you want. Good luck with your search...
Old 09-16-2019, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Thanks for the info Lyle O.

(just needed to add threaded bosses) Mine already has all 6 threaded bosses. I was like what are these for???

Last edited by DSM; 09-17-2019 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: add pics for reference
Old 09-16-2019, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
BTW, the second photo above is not a factory bar (note that the rear supports are joining the top of the cross bar, not the top of the side part of the bar, as the factory version had them). Thanks again Lyle O!

Just noticed what you already pointed out! Kinda like the way the rear bars look coming from 1/4 way in each side as shown from rear. Can you attach pic of your car from the side and rear for comparison? Looks like I may have to make up my own bar? Thanks!
Old 09-17-2019, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I have a custom made padded weld in roll bar out of a 88 cab

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2019, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Here are some photos of my car with the roll bar in place. The wind screen is a separate part (it's the only way I get my wife to ride on longer trips), so disregard.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

My apologies for such the very late response. Did you acquire what you needed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Old 01-27-2020, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: