Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Buyers Beware

I purchased a 993 bumper re bar from a member Utopia in July.Paid him immediately for part plus 145.00 for shipping and handling a total of 345.00.He continually gives me excuses and how he shipped my item. He has no tracking info.I've waited over a month! I don't want other members being ripped off.Utopia is dishonest and should not be allowed to participate on this forum. Thanks John
Old 09-22-2019, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

As per our pm’s, package was sent USPS ground, and were giving it a chance to arrive, guess it has not, I think your comments are a bit out of tone, will reinburse your moneys tomorrow via PayPal, as I told you before on our PM’s, when package arrives please.refuse it., thanks, Will.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
2-3 months is a long time to be waiting for a shipment with no tracking info.

USPS ground provides a link for tracking this sort of thing, don't they ?

Just sayin'
Old 09-22-2019, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

Yes, long time, probably it got lost I’m ralso waiting for the package to appear on my door.,coming or going, either way I’m returning his moneys., will never use USPS again, unless client wants it in writing,..just saying.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

USPS has never lost an item of mine coming or going and I ship & receive at least 100 a year. When you ship they give you a receipt and/or a tracking number. Since Utopia has neither as evidence, I'm leaning towards no shipment happened. Just my $0.02
Old 09-22-2019, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
I Wonder

Garage
I live in Canada but my experience with USPS has been steller. I once had a half destroyed money order returned three weeks into the deal, as it had been damaged in one of there machines. I buy alot and all packages are shipped to my US address. Maybe a lesson to be learned here is always ship with a tracking number. This will cover you 90% of the time and gives you a chance with paypal claims. Without that the seller is toast.Your postal system is much more speedy, reasonably priced, and overall efficient then ours up here. Hope it all works well. Thanks Rob.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
The buyer paid 145.00 shipping i think he deseve a tracking number.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Banned

All the cost of shipping was in packaging and handling on such cumbersome part!, either way he will get his moneys back., no point on waiting for it., my loss.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgro1959 View Post
I live in Canada but my experience with USPS has been steller. I once had a half destroyed money order returned three weeks into the deal, as it had been damaged in one of there machines. I buy alot and all packages are shipped to my US address. Maybe a lesson to be learned here is always ship with a tracking number. This will cover you 90% of the time and gives you a chance with paypal claims. Without that the seller is toast.Your postal system is much more speedy, reasonably priced, and overall efficient then ours up here. Hope it all works well. Thanks Rob.
I have mixed feelings with usps, I will use it again, but with the go ahead of the customer only, also only will use Priority serv or Express service., no more normal parcels.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

So if you had shipped it, what's the tracking number and why couldn't you provide that to the buyer?
Old 09-22-2019, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Banned

Usps did not offer the track option to my shipper guy, ($1.00 track option)!!, go figure.!!
Old 09-22-2019, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
All the cost of shipping was in packaging and handling on such cumbersome part!, either way he will get his moneys back., no point on waiting for it., my loss.
it's time for you to stop whining and DO something... 2 things, actually.
1) tracking number
2) refund... NOW, not "tomorrow". you've stalled long enough.
**News Flash**
You're in the Passing Lane. Any questions ?
Old 09-22-2019, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Sounds like an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
Usps did not offer the track option to my shipper guy, ($1.00 track option)!!, go figure.!!
Old 09-22-2019, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Utopia, a little advice. If you want to move parts, do the work ahead of time. Have things ready to ship before you offer them. Too many people get scammed on boards like this. It seems you do have a ton of stuff to sell. Do people the courtesy and communicate a little better.

That said. Utopia replied to a WTB thread of mine. I believe it was his or her first or second post. Seemed fishy from the get go but I did in fact receive the part for a good price. Communication was terrible, part and price were great.
1991 M5 - Gone
1993 RS America - Gone
Old 09-22-2019, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

I hate USPS. Have a item that was shipped to me and lost at local hub. Been 6th months of trying to get the base $50 insurance on flat rate box(item value was over $200 but shipper did not add extra insurance). Still getting run around from USPS (and I had a tracking number). I hate USPS.

john
Old 09-22-2019, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
I buy for years in the US and it is always shipped with usps, only once it did not arrive and came back to the shipper. but all these years the packet arrived. and i live near stuttgart. i can not say anything bad about usps.
I think there is always luck or bad luck
Old 09-22-2019, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
You guys must live in city’s because usps rural delivery sucks. I’ve had about 10 packages shipped to me usps and they lost 3 of them and 3 others were very late which means they probably lost them and at first and found them a week or two later.
Rural route drivers change every week or so and mostly drive their own vehicles and I gotta guess that there’s no way to hold anyone accountable with that kind of turnover. I will never ship anything usps regardless of how much cheaper it is and I try to get whatever I order shipped fedex even if I have to pay extra.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
It's a 914 ...

Canít comment on this particular transaction, but I can say use USPS at your own risk. They lost a Flat Rate package once, then the box turned up EMPTY at the correct destination two weeks later. Then they took so long with their investigation, they told too much time had passed and I wouldnít even get the $50 it was insured for. Plus hours on the phone wasted. Seriously ridiculous. Iíll still use USPS, but not for Anything really important.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Do yourself a favor if you are going to use USPS regularly get an online account so you have records of every transaction.
2012.5 991 Carrera in Platinum Silver
Old 09-23-2019, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Tracking number or it never happened. So simple.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: