Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
JED

Garage
WTB mid year shifter arm

Seems as the PO McGivered the stock shifter, it swivels in place make 5th gear difficult.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have two of these........I'll take pix in the morning.

regards,
al
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 10-07-2019, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have several 915 shift levers. PM or call me.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have one for sale. Link here: https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-used-parts-sale-wanted/1038380-915-stock-shifter-minus-base.html
Old 10-08-2019, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
JED

Garage
Thanks to all who replied, I remembered I had a 76 slant nose roller, removed and installed the shifter last night.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCSinAK View Post
Seems as the PO McGivered the stock shifter, it swivels in place make 5th gear difficult.

That's quite a nice mess you have there. However, if you're so inclined, you can repair it, possibly without having to disassemble the shifter. All early 911 factory shift levers are a 2-piece construction. The glue or epoxy the factory used has failed and the two lever pieces have separated. Remove the top part, then clean the mating parts to bare metal w/o oil, grease or remaining glue. Reinstall and realign with 2-part epoxy.

Any replacement you source will have been assembled the same way and may separate as well. If you source a replacement lever, make sure it matches your shifter. PAG made several versions, and used levers may have been modified. When installed, confirm the tab on the lever aligns with the 5th and Rev. tabs on the carrier plate.

For a more permanent fix, tack weld the two-piece lever as shown below:

Sherwood
Old 10-08-2019, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCSinAK View Post

That's quite a nice mess you have there. However, if you're so inclined, you can repair it, possibly without having to disassemble the shifter. All early 911 factory shift levers are a 2-piece construction. The glue or epoxy the factory used has failed and the two lever pieces have separated. Remove the top part, then clean the mating parts to bare metal w/o oil, grease or remaining glue. Reinstall and realign with 2-part epoxy.

Any replacement you source will have been assembled the same way and may separate as well. If you source a replacement lever, make sure it matches your shifter. PAG made several versions, and used levers may have been modified. When installed, confirm the tab on the lever aligns with the 5th and Rev. tabs on the carrier plate.

For a more permanent fix, tack weld the two-piece lever as shown below:

Sherwood
Old 10-09-2019, 01:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: