Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

FS: 86 Carrera Front Struts. Spindles raised 22mm

These are later Boge struts with 3 1/2” brake spacing. This pair has been reworked by Tangerine racing. Spindles raised 22mm. Steering knuckles curved to help bump steer. Powder coated. I used these on my 914/6 that I tracked. I switched to earlier 3” spacing struts and aluminum Brembo calipers to lighten each corner a lot. I was and am still running Koni adjustable shocks. They require a top spacer ring to take up a 5mm gap between the Koni and the inside of the strut. I didn’t like the play that the struts had with this ring. I would recommend running Bilsteins with these Carrera struts. Bilstein bodies are wider and are held very tightly in place by different top nuts that are specific to Bilsteins. The Boge shocks may be fine to, but I don’t know. You will need spacers to run 15” wheels or you need to run taller rims. I know you can raise the spindle 19mm and still run 15” rims with no spacer. There is a slight amount of wear on the left spindle where the outer wheel bearing race sits. It’s not from The bearing spinning on the spindle. You can barely notice this with your finger nail. It just sounds like your wheel bearing may be set slightly loose. Never had a problem with these at speed on the track.
$375 plus shipping.

Last edited by Krieger914; 05-31-2020 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: Added brand name of strut
Old 05-30-2020, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Old 05-30-2020, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Just a note, I have been raising spindles for over 10 years and 15mm is the limit to fit
a 15" fuchs wheel. These look to be Bogie Strut housings that have had the body modified
(Tig Welded), if so the Bilstein Insert is a very tight fit and any welding my prohibit the
insert from being inserted. The Koni Insert has a much smaller diameter. The spindles
alone are worth the value that you are selling them for.
Steve
Old 05-30-2020, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Pmd
Old 05-30-2020, 10:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeveArco View Post
Just a note, I have been raising spindles for over 10 years and 15mm is the limit to fit
a 15" fuchs wheel. These look to be Bogie Strut housings that have had the body modified
(Tig Welded), if so the Bilstein Insert is a very tight fit and any welding my prohibit the
insert from being inserted. The Koni Insert has a much smaller diameter. The spindles
alone are worth the value that you are selling them for.
Steve
Thanks for that info Steve. I was under the impression that 19mm was the max. Bilstein shocks do fit in these struts. After Tangeringe Racing put these together they slide a set of Bilstein shocks to make sure they fit. I will update my post to reflect Boge housings.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Interest in raised spindles.

I have an 82 SC and assume these will fit. Please advise! Wondering where you are located and total cost shipped to Eastern Pennsylvania.
Thanks for your time.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrodder View Post
I have an 82 SC and assume these will fit. Please advise! Wondering where you are located and total cost shipped to Eastern Pennsylvania.
Thanks for your time.
PM sent
Old 05-31-2020, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Sold

Old 06-01-2020, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: