Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

WTB 915 Transmission

Hey everyone I have a 1978 911SC and my transmission decided to give up the ghost... Anyone have a spare 915 lying around? Down time is the worst time, looking for a good used example. I'm located in Burlington VT and willing to travel for the right deal.

Thanks,
Cole

Old 07-28-2020, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Wish I could help with the trans. But man, the car looks great! Got any more photos or details?
Old 07-28-2020, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Send a message via AIM to Hcarraro Send a message via Yahoo to Hcarraro
Hi Cole

Ditto on the beautiful car. I have a 915 transmission out of a 1977 911 S. I have it listed here on Pelican. Click on the link below:

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-used-parts-sale-wanted/1051117-fs-porsche-911-five-speed-915-model-transaxle.html

Thanks in advance for your interest

Henry
Old 07-29-2020, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Great looking car. I would recommend getting a 915 that is already rebuilt so that you do not have to deal with similar results again in the near future. These gearboxes almost always need new synchronizers which will make a huge difference to how they shift.

Give Tom a call over at Carquip he has several on the shelf ready to ship that are already rebuilt and ready to go. It will be more expensive in the short term but believe me it will save you a lot of headaches in the future.

Tell him Erik Johnson sent you to him would you please? His number is (303) 443-1343

Happy to help.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I think your car's ugly but I have a great fresh rebuild 9:15 that would make it look a lot better. Email me if you're interested
Old 07-29-2020, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have a late SC 915 out and ready to go. Only 20-k since being refreshed and swapped out for a G50/50.
On Long Island (NY) if interested.

LMK
1984 Porsche 911 Euro Carrera widebody
#soyracer On Instagram - @soyracer
Old 07-31-2020, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Still here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by colehanson4 View Post

Hey everyone I have a 1978 911SC and my transmission decided to give up the ghost... Anyone have a spare 915 lying around? Down time is the worst time, looking for a good used example. I'm located in Burlington VT and willing to travel for the right deal.

Thanks,
Cole
Nice car.

What's wrong with the 915 ?
Probably quicker to have it rebuilt instead of buying a unknown used, having it shipped and who knows how long that will take at this time.

Free bump.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks for all of the advice! I tore into it over the last couple nights and after inspection, looks like it was the 1st gear synchro ring and brake band that failed...

Will be replacing the 1st gear brake band, 1st and 2nd synchro + dog teeth along with 1st-2nd shift sleeve and guide sleeve. I understand best practice would be to replace all synchro rings, dog teeth for 1st-5th and the list goes on but all gears were shifting without issue and I'm comfortable with pulling the engine, trans down the road for further maintenance.

Padelsbach, here's a tad more info: ROW car with a recent engine out refresh, rebuilt CIS, WUR, dizzy etc. New SS brake lines, drilled rotors, pads and master cylinder. It's lowered ~2" on 7/8" Fuchs, Troysport racing set up the suspension + steering. This is just a synopsis of the bigger ticket items, I've addressed pretty much every aspect of this funky little cashmere beige 911
Old 08-05-2020, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Hey Cole, it looks great! Glad to see your enjoying it, I miss this car.

Old 08-20-2020, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
911sc , 915 , transmission