Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Porsche Crest Advice on value - Factory GT2 Race Exhaust

I have a 993 GT2 clone that we built years back with lots of factory parts. It was driven once at Watkins Glen at the end of the season and then never driven again.

During the winter, while work was being done on the chassis, the Motor was left in storage and "just happened" to disappear.

Needless to say, we never got to get it back together, and much has been parted out over time.

Here is the unobtanium Factory GT2 exhaust from the car I would like to sell, but have no I idea of the value.

Can someone advise me?

Len.Cummings at verizon.net

Last edited by BoxsterGT; 09-29-2020 at 05:47 PM..
Old 09-25-2020, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I can't believe you put a smiley face in a post together with 993 gt2 engine walked away

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2020, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Porsche Crest

Got over it a long while ago.

I am certain it was an inside job, but no proof so had to let it go and get on with life.

Now retired and no capability to put it together, so selling it off, piece by piece.

Had lots of photos of the car, but lost them when I had a computer crash. I always seem to learn the hard way.

Len

Old 09-25-2020, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Interested in those, please let me know price. I have a motor they belong on!
Old 09-26-2020, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Still have the GT2 clone chassis?
Old 09-26-2020, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have no idea on the value but wanted to say I’m sorry that crap happened to you. That definitely had to be a tough pill to swallow.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Porsche Crest

Yes, GT2 clone is at Dawe's in E Stroudsburg, PA.

Had nice photos but lost them in a PC virus mishap. Since going to a Mac, never an issue.

I will go there soon and take some to show everyone. Based on 95 993 recovered theft.

Len

Old 09-27-2020, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterGT View Post

Yes, GT2 clone is at Dawe's in E Stroudsburg, PA.

Had nice photos but lost them in a PC virus mishap. Since going to a Mac, never an issue.

I will go there soon and take some to show everyone. Based on 95 993 recovered theft.

Len

If youíre moving that too Iím interested
Old 09-27-2020, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Hello.

Are they still available? If so how much do you want for the pair?

Sorry for your GT2 engine lost.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Porsche Crest

Motor with low hours was over $40k back then, and of course factory "unobtanium" headers were very costly.

I was hoping someone would know their value and offer their opinion.

I am retired and cannot save these for a future project. All I ask is a fair value, whatever that is.

Len.Cummings at verizon.net

Old 10-14-2020, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
a price is required
Old 10-14-2020, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Banned

I guess around $2k tops.
The issue with those are that they are geared for top end power(equal length), now days shorties are the norm., much faster spooling, etc.,
Old 10-14-2020, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Equal length (tuned) primaries help off boost torque and on boost horsepower by organizing the pulses hitting the turbo and scavenging the exhaust. Short tube primaries simply get the pulses to the turbo inlet quickly.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

The flange for these is unlike any 993 I have seen more like a traditional 930 so
You need to figure in who might be running a set up similar possibly full race EVO ?
I would be interested but would need to alter that portion , thanks Bert
Oh and of course no heat !
R 2.5 Twin Plug
Old 10-14-2020, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Equal length (tuned) primaries help off boost torque and on boost horsepower by organizing the pulses hitting the turbo and scavenging the exhaust. Short tube primaries simply get the pulses to the turbo inlet quickly.
I think, You will get much quicker response with shorties no matter what, specially in street deiven cars, eg.997RS, 991RS, etc.,..equal lentgh it will have better scavenging in race conditions, where top end is of almost importance, just saying.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Street cars don't spend a lot of time on boost making off-boost performance important. The difference in spool time using short tube vs tuned headers depends a lot on the turbo. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference on cars that use quicker spooling turbos, such as the typical street build. The GT2 headers are twin turbo which typically negates lag time. Don't know what turbos these headers were designed for, looks like T3 flanges not a K16 or K24.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Street cars don't spend a lot of time on boost making off-boost performance important. The difference in spool time using short tube vs tuned headers depends a lot on the turbo. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference on cars that use quicker spooling turbos, such as the typical street build. The GT2 headers are twin turbo which typically negates lag time. Don't know what turbos these headers were designed for, looks like T3 flanges not a K16 or K24.
Yepp, old school stuff, TO3, for Garrets, not for k21ís, etc., much better designs now days, etc., hign ens for them $2k, low $1k...just a guess.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: