Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by G50911 View Post

oh and i meant to say it scratches easier than powdercoating not “chip”.
Again, surface prep and application are critical. If you don't have those down, Cerakote won't perform as expected.

But it looks like you are just using air cure which is completely inappropriate for wheels. Air cure is not as durable as catalyzed heat cure. That said, I have worked with Cerakote to develop a process that maximizes air cure durability. But I would never shoot wheels with air cure.

Old 01-13-2021, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Very nice Shaun

Cerakote is awesome but all the prep is a PiTA. Now that I just finished powder coating all my exterior trim kind of wish I had them done in cerakote instead

Last edited by Harpo; 01-13-2021 at 06:57 PM..
Old 01-13-2021, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Shaun has done the plating work for several of my projects and has exceeded my expectations 100% of the time. The photos here are representative of not just his best work, but all of his work.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Attention Citizens: If you think BuzzFeed is a "reputable source", please report to the re-education camps immediately!
???
Old 01-13-2021, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911pcars View Post
???
Inside joke.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Very nice Shaun

Cerakote is awesome but all the prep is a PiTA. Now that I just finished powder coating all my exterior trim kind of wish I had them done in cerakote instead
Thanks David. Cerakote is something that you have to do a regular basis I think. And being an OCD perfectionist helps a little too.

I just did this set in a custom silver which I liked better than I thought I would. And have done black a few times. Wish I had take the black pics outside, the fluorescent lights aren't so great.

All of this is catalyzed heat cured of course. Air cure is best used for high heat applications only.

My oven. Have dreams of roasting a pig at 250F for 10 hours.

Last edited by Shaun @ Tru6; 01-14-2021 at 02:55 PM..
Old 01-14-2021, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Registered

Your work.looks amazing @Shaun @ Tru6

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2021, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
those look awesome Shaun
Old 01-14-2021, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

Shaun did my fan and housing early last year. Looks so good I have to restore the rest of my car!
2013 Cayenne GTS Meteor Grey
Old 01-14-2021, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

^^ haha, that’s my dilemma too
Old 01-14-2021, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks guys. The black set went to Callas Rennsport for a completely restored showroom perfect '87. Door handles, wipers, intake grille and rocker end caps all done to match.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Registered

Shaun did a fan + housing + strap + hardware for me. It looks AMAZING! I couldn’t be happier!
Old 01-14-2021, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
I love cerakote! We did a full exhaust on a set of headers and muffler with 7,000 miles and looks like the day it left the shop. Stainless blues as soon as you start the car and just continues to get nastier the more it is cycled. Cerakote air cured is the way to go for that, every exhaust for us now is done with it.

www.davekealoha.com
Old 01-14-2021, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Registered

Can anyone recommend a company that cerakotes in the Los Angeles area. I want to get my Fuchs done. I was thinking about powder coating but Shauns work has me reconsidering.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyn-hawn View Post
I love cerakote! We did a full exhaust on a set of headers and muffler with 7,000 miles and looks like the day it left the shop. Stainless blues as soon as you start the car and just continues to get nastier the more it is cycled. Cerakote air cured is the way to go for that, every exhaust for us now is done with it.
Are you using someone locally? If so, please share.
WTB / ISO: G50 911 M491 Coupe
Old 01-15-2021, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Registered

Thank you everyone for a lively discussion but please keep in mind that this thread is promoting my services to the community in the same way my plating thread did 5 years ago and I continue to offer the best plating service in the country since then.

Maybe that wasn't clear in my original post.

I have gotten parts in from around the world. Japan, Denmark, Australia, France, Canada come to mind quickly. PMs would be more appropriate if you want to walk down the street to your local Cerakote shop.

Old 01-15-2021, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: