Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to UTKarmann_Ghia
Smile SC sway bars

I have a set of SC sway bars in good condition (abiet dusty). This does NOT include the drop links, just the bars & used rubber mounts which are a little dry but usable (original). How's $50 + shipping sound?

Old 05-12-2004, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Hi Matt - I have a 72T. If I just need drop links to install these, I will take them. Jamie
Old 05-12-2004, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

luvndasun,
You will have a heck of a job fitting the front one on a 72.
You need one that fits thru the body.
Do the A-arms have mounts for a bar?
The rear wont be easy either.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

There's not a sway bar on my car now so I am assuming that I do not have sway bar mounts on the A-Arms. Looks like my search continues. Any suggestions for a good set of front and rear sway bays? Thx
Old 05-13-2004, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

You will have to weld the mounting tabs to the A-arms.Then you will have to drill a hole through the inner fender (after removing the fuel tank) and install reinforcements (this is all available from our host.
The rears may prove to be a little easier but will still involve welding brackets.
This is all doable but a fsir bit of work.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

luvndasan- check carefully on this. Even though you dont have a sway bar now you should have the access plates and mounting tabs you need for a through the body type. T's of this era didnt come with sway bars but do have the proper mounting for them. I know as I am going down this path right now. You really do want the through the body type and adjustable it at all possible. I have also read and heard how early Porsche racer forgo the rear swaybar and run only one in front. Cant remember if it was just SWB's are all the way up to 73. Maybe a post on the mother board or search would help. I know this topic has come up several times in the past.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Anybody else?
Old 05-14-2004, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Too bad I can't use them.
It's definately a good deal.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Old 06-06-2004, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

I appear to be missing the rear bar, and whatever bolts it to the car. I have what I assume to be the drop links, circular rings hanging down from somewhere. (I'm not at the car at the moment). Have you go the rest? It looks like it.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I only have what I'm showing, no hardware just the bars, old bushings and a couple of extra bracket holders for the front bar.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Are they larger then what comes on the stock 72T , if so I would like them, I think they will fit because I have the stock set on there now.
Am I correct?

2002 Boxster S ( race car)
2010 LR4 2009 GMC Sierra (Porsche Support
2011 M3 4Door
Old 06-07-2004, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Registered

I sent you an e-mail, I'll take at least the rear. If you didn't receive the e-mail for some reason you can reach me at cs8815@aol.com.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

deoxford, these sway bars are 20mm (front) 18mm (rear) stock for the SC's. I'm not an expert on the early bars, so I cant really say. I would assume that if you already have bars on the front and back, these would be an upgrade in size, but your best bet is to measure the diameter. Can anybody else chime in on this? The ball is in your court and they are yours if you want them.

88cs, I did receive your email, but I receieved deoxford's first (about 2.5 hours earlier). So in all fairness, I'd have to defer to him first, and if he's not iterested, they are certainly yours.

I do wish to sell them as a pair as I'm so darn busy I cant afford to make to trips to the post office I will be out of town starting the 21st so get your order in early!

peace...
Old 06-08-2004, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

From my research stock sway bars for 73 and earlier 911 was 15F and 13R. Again the front was a through the body style not an under style as the SC used. So for deoxford, yes they are bigger in size but the front is not the same style. The SC style can be made to work but you would need the rest of the SC hardware.
The mid year (74-77) used the under body I think were 18F and 16R. This would be a good upgrade for those years without a change of hardware at a great price.
Once again this is just from my research in trying to fit my 71T with swaybars front and rear.
The rear sway bar mounts are the same all the way up to the Carrera's from what I have been told and from searching past threads.
Once again I am no expert this is all from my own mistakes on my attempts to upgrade my suspension.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Well thank for you time, and all the info
It looks like the fronts will not work so i will have to pass on this
if you want to sell the rear let me know
Thanks again

Derek

2002 Boxster S ( race car)
2010 LR4 2009 GMC Sierra (Porsche Support
2011 M3 4Door
Old 06-08-2004, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

I'll take both :-)
Old 06-08-2004, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

I'm in a hurry and just got what I needed, thank you for your time.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I still have these sway bars if anybody wants them.

Old 07-10-2004, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: