Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Schleprock

Quote:
Originally posted by B.Lane
LOOK.....TELL THE GUY TO SEND THE MOTOR...AS IS, DISSASEMBLED, TO MOTOR MEISTER...FOR LIKE $3000 THEY WILL REBIULD IT AND HE HEADACHE IS GONE.
Are you serious? Tell me you're joking.

Old 10-29-2002, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
This is VERY interesting and I can help to wonder ? Did the guy that sell the engine is at fault ? or is the guy that purchase it ? 4 real how can you purchase staff over the net when you hear stories after stories of bad deals, I still don't get it,is too bad that things like this happen,ONCE more let us ALL LEARN.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

What ever happened with this thread? Was it settled or going to court?

I have purchased loads of used stuff on this and other (Ebay) forums. Have rarely had a problem but then most of the guys here are very trustful and value their reputation more than they value making a buck.

I have a motor for sale on the forum now and welcome anyone to drive the motor, run new leakdown and compression tests before buying. If someone is selling crap on the forum they deserve to be run out of business and hopefully with a load of legal fees to boot!

Joe
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 02-14-2003, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to theporchevman
It's sad there are some real a*******on the web just waiting to take advantage of a good thing mine was a guy who sold me a pair of horns that were broken and sounded like they were about to die, but that's just one example and I'm sure there will be pleanty more, but I have to tell you people let's not give up the good stuff let's continue to sale and trade the hell with this guy and let's go on.

Jimbo2
Old 02-16-2003, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

This is a forum for Porsche enthusiasts. Thanks to Tom and Wayne for giving us this opportunity. I've dealt with people on the Rennlist, E-bay, here and elsewhere. My belief is that 99.99999% of the transactions are solid and honest. That's just the type of people we are. I've saved a ton of cash buying responsibly... I'd like to think I've saved others by selling responsibly.

I've had one (1) very bad experience when I purchased a set of 74 Carrera flares for $350.00 off the Rennlist Classifieds. The seller was eager to talk to me upon selling and getting my MO however, when it came time to ship the panels he disappeared. I took him to small claims court. I drove from Utah to San Bernardino (Yucipa) to appear. I spent more in gas and lodging than the flares were worth... why?: Because I've never had anyone screw me off any P-car forum. It was a matter of principle. We're a good group. We should all be proud of that. I won. He never showed up. Now I was left to force judgment on him. Figuring I was still screwed, I drove to his house, picked up my flares, and drove home (forgot to inform the court... I hope he doesn't get stopped anytime soon.)

My $.02? Sue the living piss out of "anyone" who screws us. Small claims processing is fairly painless. I think we can use small claims court in transactions up to $2,500. Sue them into submission and get them the hell out of our world. I hate the lawsuit happy lifestyle we lead but we're not talking about getting burned by a cup of hot coffee here, we're talking about dishonest people who cheat you and I out of our hard-earned dollars. There's nothing I hate more than slime-bags that think its A-OK to lie, cheat, steal and deceive others. I'm making no implications because I do not know the history of this transaction. I do know this... you know in your heart of hearts if you're wrong. Do the right thing, even if that means "defending" yourself in court. Otherwise? Plan on being a low-life piece of $hit for the rest of your life... it only get's worse.

Eric Shea
http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Eric_Shea
Old 02-17-2003, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
GAFB

The flares actually existed? Wow. What did he have to say for himself when you showed up to his house?
Old 02-17-2003, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

from memory...

"What brings you all the way out here?"

My flares.

"No, really? Sorry about that..." (followed by worthless chatter that I failed to register while I loaded them in my car and drove off)

I was lucky he still had them.

E.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Axeman
I bought a 3.0L engine off a board member (LA129) and not only he was a great person to deal with but the engine turned out to be exactly what he described. I also bought a Carrera 915 transmission off another member in Canada and everything went smooth. I buy items daily from Ebay and have not had any problems so far, so it is safe to buy things, you just need to make sure the person you're dealing with is not a crook...

Just my $0.02
1972 Targa (3.0L)
1999 Boxster (Wife's car)
Old 02-17-2003, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ZAMIRZ
Quote:
Originally posted by B.Lane
LOOK.....TELL THE GUY TO SEND THE MOTOR...AS IS, DISSASEMBLED, TO MOTOR MEISTER...FOR LIKE $3000 THEY WILL REBIULD IT AND HE HEADACHE IS GONE.
That has to be the dumbest thing anyone has ever posted on this site.

'83 911SC
Old 02-17-2003, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

did someone mention MOTORSHEISTER?????

Old 02-17-2003, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: