Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I think you all need to know something

I think you all need to know my side of what this guy Davery is saying. He did buy a motor from me. But I sold it "as is". I even told him he could have his mechanic look the thing over. I even told him it had been sitting for a long time "over two years". I told him I used it in my 914-6 race car and I did beat on this thing, I reved this motor to over 9000 RPM. I just want every one to know that Im not some ASS HOLE that just took this guy. Im 23 years old and I have had my 914-6 since I was 17 years old. I feal bad but he has all ready told me that he has taken the whole motor apart. So he will not be getting his money back.

Old 02-18-2000, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You obviously have crafted your own slant on the events surrounding the deceptive sale of your useless engine on this poor lad. It is obvious through his attached correspondences between you two that you are the one who has screwed him here. To use your words, I believe you are the "*******" here. I will go out of my way to warn my friends to ignore your business - present and future.
Old 02-18-2000, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You promised to supply the buyer of your motor with receipts. This is usual for a transaction concerning a Porsche or a Porsche engine. Why haven't you done this? You were payed in a timely manner but you aren't taking care of your part of the transaction in a timely manner!! I think people like you are why people of the world are at each other's throats. Don't think you will be selling anything in the future on this site......
Old 02-18-2000, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

If you really do "feel bad" about the deal, give him his money back. Even if he has taken the engine apart.
Old 02-19-2000, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I did NOT take the engine apart. I performed an external leak down test. Joe A. is the person that took his apart. I would like to return it for a refund then, if this is the sole criteria you have chasen to stiff me on.

Oh, and Joe A (Jabb on this list) has THE EXACT same problem as me. You claimed a 2.5L race motor to him as well. What he got was a 2.0l with over 90K miles. What I got was a POS stock 2.4L motor that COULD NOT HAVE been in a 914 based upon the oil lines that are siezed on it, and were hastily "cut" off.

Bill, honestly, you are about to get served unless you can do better than this. You stated that it was a running motor... You never said you "beat" on it. You gave your "WORD" as Bill Mason motorsports that this motor was in good running condition, and that you "stood behind it". You never offered to have my mechanic look at it. It was a pressure sale, as it was allegedly about to be sold to another person in Oregon.

Expect a registered letter from my attorney, and probably Joe's as well unless you allow the full REFUND of this transaction. I have extended many, many opportunities for you to make this right. I have no reason not to fight for myself here.

-David
Old 02-20-2000, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Seems you are mistaking the people you ripped off. Since David never took the motor apart you can cofidently refund the purchase price, that way you will no longer " feel bad about this". Perhaps it would be an idea to show you really are a good trustworthy guy by paying David any out of pocket expenses for the leakdown test etc.
Last but not least, your discription of the motor for sale on e-bay really was a blatant misrepresentation. Should David sue, you will lase, and most likely be liable for several times the amount you sold the engine for. So take some advice, put the new house purchase (the reason you were selling the engine - according to your e-bay post) on hold & dont make any large purchases for the time being.
Old 02-20-2000, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Porsche746:

You really should re-think your actions here; I think we realize you really wanted to sell the motor to make some money for whatever else, but you grossly misrepresented yourself and the motor in this transaction. You probably haven't been envolved in as many auto related transactions seeing how relatively young you are compared to others here on these forums. In light of this, you have a lot to learn, and the way it looks like this is going, you are going to learn the hard way.

I would HIGHLY suggest that you resolve this matter in a quick, painless manner. Otherwise, you will get to experience litigation first hand. You may think you are in the right because you "think" you completed the transaction with an "as is" disclaimer. It certainly looks like you overlooked this entirely.

Do the right thing--give him back his money, and save your reputation. You've already exposed yourself as being of questionable character. I truly believe in "what comes around, goes around" and you've got it coming right back at you full speed.

JW
Old 02-21-2000, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

[This message has been edited by huduguru (edited 02-21-2000).]
Old 02-21-2000, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

All I can offer here to both (all 3?) involved parties is: you really, really don't want to get involved in a lawsuit if this can possibly be settled another way. I direct my $.02 "advice" primarily to the seller of the engines, but also the buyers as well. Even if you are the "winner" of a lawsuit and are fortunate enough to recup your costs there is a huge price to pay in time, hassle & emotions! (If you lase...the price is far greater.) Also to the seller - keep in mind if you plan to sell anything ever again in the future or operate any business entity, any lawsuits brought against you are in the public record for years, accessible by anyone who cares to check out your background. BTW don't mean this as a threat by any stretch -- just "BTDT" personal advice from an uninvolved fellow P-car owner.

[This message has been edited by campbellcj (edited 02-23-2000).]
Old 02-23-2000, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Filing a claim in small claims court is easy and im sure there will be no problem to dispute the claims on the condition of the engine Collecting a judgement is also easy since he should have a record of the account no his where his check was cashed .
What the seller did is fraudulent especially if he just resold a junk yard motor as a rebuilt and reconditioned etc.
I'd file a police report in case he has done it before or will do it again it will also help the civil case as a matter of record
Old 02-24-2000, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
If a suit is just filed it becomes public record. Anyone can go on the web to Dun & Bradstreet and get a credit report for $85!

So if sales is your ocupation you realy ought no screw people because once your credit and credibality go you may need another ocupation.
Old 03-01-2000, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

An update:

Sadly, no news from Bill. I retrieved my engine today from my mechanic. I've wasted another $200 back and forth in moving this engine around, and $200 for his work on it. I am extremely disturbed about this.

-David
Old 03-01-2000, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I was thinking about buying an engine off this forum. Should I think about forgeting that? My original plan is to buy from someone in my area so I can see the engine run and pick it up my self. Background checks? How do I do that? I never bought or sold anything this expensive over the internet. Any sugestions?

By the way: David, how much did he sell you the useless engine?

EDIT: maybe you could part out the GOOD parts and make the money back. You seem like and honest person that I can trust doing buisness with dave
Old 01-21-2002, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I was looking to buy an engine from someone out there. Screw that now, I'll just rebuild mine. Sorry guys. It is pieces of crap like this ******* that hobble the entire "honor system" of this parts bulletin board. Someone should send visitors to this guy with pipes and baseball bats.

MS 69 911E
Old 10-25-2002, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Alter Ego Racing

The bad thing about this is that we all work on an honor system. I have purchsed stuff from ads on this forum and have had some really good experiences and 1 bad one.

I have sold parts here for much less than what I could get on ebay because of being honest. I'm not a shop let alone a mechanic, like most of us, I'm a fellow enthusiast trying to share whatever (I think) I know and learning a lot from most of you.

However, like on any other high $ purchase, you should always have it checked by a professional. If a deal sounds too good, maybe it is.

I feel sorry that someone else got screwed out there. We should perhaps share notes on the deadbeat sellers to protect each other. Also, we should all help each other by offering to check purchases in your area from out of town Pelicans.

Ain't this what the bulleting board is all about?

My 2-cents.
PCA Club Racing Champion
National Vintage Racing Champion
Old 10-25-2002, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Does anyone know how this ended up?
Old 10-25-2002, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Hello,

I've never bought anything as large as an engine before and this is very disturbing. I guess this kind of thing is a lesson for all of us. It makes me re-think the idea of expensive purchases and makes me feel the need to buy locally so I can assess the condition of goods before buying. I was looking into a set of wheels that were about 1500 mi. away and decided not to buy. How was I supposed to evaluate condition with pictures? Perhaps patience and a more local purchase on larger items is a better idea in the future. Even a long drive on a Saturday may be worthwhile in the long run....

Frank
Old 10-25-2002, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Even a Bad day is good

Garage
purchases

i bought some fenders off this site from a first class guy, i sent a check and the fenders were in route before he even had the check. the fenders were exactly as described and i am quite pleased. just my impression that 99.9999 per cent of the people here are straight and i for one am happy to be able to deal with knowledgeable honest sincere people.
gary
Old 10-28-2002, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I buy expensive stuff online all the time and I usually have no problems. There are things I would NEVER buy from individuals online like motors or electronics due to several issues I have had in the past. One last idea for you all, before you buy something like this make sure you talk to the person a few times and make sure you know thier address in case you need to pay them a visit later. If someone screwed me like this I would be on thier door step pretty quick but thats just me.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

LOOK.....TELL THE GUY TO SEND THE MOTOR...AS IS, DISSASEMBLED, TO MOTOR MEISTER...FOR LIKE $3000 THEY WILL REBIULD IT AND HE HEADACHE IS GONE.

Old 10-28-2002, 11:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: