Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'74 2.7 complete motor for sale

After finally ordering the 3.6, it's time to sell my stock motor. I'm planning on going up to the German Autofest with it to see if someone wants it up there, but I figured someone might want it sooner, or to meet up there before the swap meet.

The motor is out of a 1974 911 (2.7l, CIS) and has 100k miles on it. I don't think it's ever been rebuilt, but when we did the paint on the car we went through and cleaned it up, replaced the usual parts for oil leaks (turbo valve covers yes, oil return tubes no, pop-off valve yes, new plugs and wires). The motor is out of the car, but it ran when it was in before. I'm certain there are leaky valve guides as it gives off smoke if you engine brake from high revs, though the motor starts and runs and was fun to drive. We did a valve adjustment recently and didn't notice anything broken - but then I'm not a mechanic, so there could be other problems. Basically if I were going to keep this I would baby it around while I decided to rebuild it in very short time - I would expect whoever buys it to either do that, or simply rebuild it right away. The stock heat exchangers are rather rusted, and the only noticeable oil leak that remains is from (I think) an oil return tube on the drivers side. I have some new oil return tubes if you want them, just never had a chance to install them.

As the motor is out of the car I obviously can't show you it running so I figured $1000 would be fair for someone to pick up the motor with all the parts cheap, then do whatever they want with it (like rebuild, strip the parts, etc.)

I'm in san diego and definately don't want to ship the motor, though I can get access to a truck if I need to transport it for the buyer (extra muscle probably needed :-) ).

Email me with any questions!

Thanks!

Matt

oh yeah - the axhaust was painted with heat paint, but not baked afterward - so of course it started flaking off - doh!

Old 08-27-2005, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
GAFB

I'd be interested if you were willing to ship - let me know if you may change your mind about shipping. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2005, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Matt, PM sent!
Old 08-28-2005, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

sale is pending to Jason914 - I gave him first dibs as he was first to message. I'll keep updating though as to how it goes - in case it doesn't work out! thanks
Old 08-28-2005, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Where did you order a new 3.6 motor? I might be doing the same. Installing it in a RS replica.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I'm getting it from Steve Timmons - great to deal with, and he had I think five of them (low mileage 3.6's) in stock when I called - much quicker than expected.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Registered

Smile

I'm also in San Diego and would like to talk to Steve. Could you hook me up with his contact info? Thanks for your help. -Scott
Old 08-29-2005, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

www.instant-g.com is the site. It has a lot of the info on the 3.6 conversion - read through it, then call or email Steve to get a detailed quote sent.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Alrighty - update: the motor is sold and picked up! Thanks for everyone for making this so pleasant. I'm going to go through and try to respond to the PMs, but I'm posting here in case it takes me a bit to get back to each of you.

Thanks again!
-Matt

Old 08-31-2005, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: