Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to shrouded Send a message via AIM to shrouded
WTB: 82SC Oil Line

I need to replace the oil line from the thermostat back to an engine oil line. At the thermostat it is the higher of the two lines that connect and run back toward the motor... it is also the longer of the two (connects to an oil line wrapping around to the left & rear of the motor). I think it is part 911-107-743-10-M20, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have a non-leaking spare lying around? Anyone confirm that this is the correct part no.?

Thanks--

Old 03-16-2006, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Leaking oil line

I can replace the hose with new for about $45 plus shipping.

The first pic is an old leaking hose from a 76 911S.

The next pic is the repaired hose assy.

You will get new hose and (2) new sleeves crimped to your original oil pipe.

It's like a rebuilding service for the expensive oil hoses.

Please email me for faster replies.

len@autosportengineering.com

On the common hose assemblies I can sometimes do this overnight.

I also make up custom oil hose assemblies for those with front oil coolers & tanks.

I hope this helps.

Len

Last edited by BoxsterGT; 03-17-2006 at 03:08 AM..
Old 03-17-2006, 03:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Custom Oil Hose Assemblies

Here are a pair of hose assemblies I made up for the Concours winning Lufthansa 914-6 GT at Rensport Reunion II at Daytona:

The assys with a straight at one end are easy to do, as the orientation of the fitting is not critical.

Hoses with a 90 or 45 or similar at both ends requires partial assembly, then fitment to the vehicle for proper orientation of the fittings, then final crimping of the sleeves.

Of course, shipping back & forth is necessary, so the ship costs are doubled.

I hope this helps.

Any questions, email me please.

Len

Old 03-17-2006, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Awesome. Let me think on it a bit... back on the 911 board many people seemed concerned about damaging the thermostat threads trying to get the hose off. I had just about talked myself into taking a dremel to the old one to remove it.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Being from the Northeast, I wholeheartedly agree about the issue with threads stripping on the t'stat.

However, I recently bought a complete front oil cooler assembly that came off a real California car, and I was amazed as it came apart with just a normal bit of effort. The threads were perfect.

You are in sunny Arizona, and the climate is even better than in sunny California. I would try to disconnect the lines, using moderate effort. If they move slightly, go back to tightening, then back to loosening again. Do this in very small steps. Once you get it to move, hit it with penetrating oil & try again. In fact, try the oil first, it can't hurt. You may get lucky.

If not, the lines are much cheaper than the thermostat.

Best of luck.

Len

Last edited by BoxsterGT; 03-17-2006 at 05:03 PM..
Old 03-17-2006, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Sunday morning bump.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: