Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Typical Salesman

Garage
Vasek Polak License Plate Frame

I have a new, unused license plate frame from Vasek POlak circa 1995. It is black with white writing.

Here is a picture, lowres...

It's currently on eBay, but can/will take it off if needed.

Look on eBay under "Vasek" and it'll come up.

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2010 Lincoln Nav - The Purple People Eater
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

metal or plastic?

78 911sc Targa
70 911T
Old 08-01-2006, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Typical Salesman

Garage
Metal; i can snap some pics of the back of the frame showing the back if you wish.

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 08-01-2006, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Typical Salesman

Garage
Lots of questions, thanks for everyone's interest...

I don't know what these are going for, completely forgot I had them until last night; however i do know that one was on eBay last night for about 175 and was broken/cracked. This metal one has never been mounted on a car, no scratches/no nicks/no screw marks/no nothing (other than 10yrs worth of dust).

I'm totally riffing on price, but what about $275.00 since a broken one went for 175.

Am I off base? If so, put me in check.

Again, if my price is too high, let me know, but that sounds somewhat fair figuring the one that sold last night.

Jeff

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O

Last edited by jeffrey2; 08-01-2006 at 04:12 PM..
Old 08-01-2006, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I don't wish to sound rude but I suspect the other VP frame was more desireable. It was polished metal with an old look, which seems to be more more "in" these days. Yours IS certainly desireable tho. I cannot suggest the value but I think if you take great images and emphasize the pristine condition you will get whatever the market will bear. These ARE currently one of the hottest things out there.

BTW- anyone got an old frame from the Monterey, Ca dealership? That is any variation on Wester Porsche/Porsche Audi/Motors/etc? I used to live there and won't pay silly money...but I will pay GOOD money. [He wasn't Vasek and not many people remember him. The only frame I ever found was on a 356 which is not for sale.] BTW I keep having problems with PMs, so if you DO have one please email direct: jrice930@comcast.net

Good luck with that plate!
John Rice
Old 08-01-2006, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Typical Salesman

Garage
Wow, I guess the price of $275 was a bit much -I scared everyone away...it's on eBay...lets see what it draws! For Sale and on eBay right now!

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 08-01-2006, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Not to Hi-jack the thread, but I have a Porsche frame from the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park, Illinois.

Any taker?
Old 08-01-2006, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Typical Salesman

Garage
1 more day on eBay, then it goes! Lots of people watching, but no commotion quite yet...

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 08-06-2006, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
914-6 GT Resource Page

Garage
Here is the rarest of the rarest Vasek Polak license plates (maybe I should not advertize it!)...

Original and before the start of the restoration, note that the frame is broken on the right side.

I now have some regrets after fixing it and feel I should have left it alone. You can't duplicate the patina of this frame after welding the part...

...here is how it now looks with only some plating and painting yet to be done (the hard part!)

nope, it's not for sale free bump!

http://www.pbase.com/slidevalve911rsr/myrsr_misc_stuff_vasek_polak_lic_frame_manhattan
Old 08-06-2006, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
The vintage plates say "Manhattan Beach."

The local independent shops (and competing dealerships) used to replace these without asking, routinely. It's funny to think that so much of what we used to throw away has signigicant value now. How many people in the '89s threw out the dealer frame in favor of some awful gold "PORSCHE" frame given by a well-meaning friend or relative?

Frames I've thrown out: Chick Iverson Porsche, Max Dial Porsche, Yates Porsche...
2018 Chevy Volt dd/parts fetcher

Last edited by techweenie; 08-06-2006 at 03:02 PM..
Old 08-06-2006, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
914-6 GT Resource Page

Garage
...almost through this one away! ; )

...actually, my wife almost did...

http://www.pbase.com/slidevalve911rsr/myrsr_misc_stuff_stoddard_license_plate_frame
Old 08-06-2006, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

should have kept the patina as it is suspected these are being recreated from time to time.
Member #750 Early911S Registry
1970 911E
I know Where Jerry S. has his NYC Garage
Yadda Yadda Yadda
Old 08-07-2006, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

here is my monterey frame
1970 911E
Yadda Yadda Yadda
Old 08-07-2006, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
914-6 GT Resource Page

Garage
It wouldn't surprise me one bit to learn the same company manufactured both, my Vasek Polak and your Monterey license plate frame... Color scheme almost looks the same...
Old 08-07-2006, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

What I know from Monterey chamber of commerce is that Clyde N. Young had a Dodge/Chrysler dealership back in the 50's/60's then lost the franchise and then sold hi-end used cars into the mid 70's and then out of business
1970 911E
Yadda Yadda Yadda
Old 08-07-2006, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
I know its gonna cause me pain but I gotta ask...I threw away a Victory Porsche Burbank, CA license plate frome awhile ago. Was it worth anything? If so, tell me and I won't spend anymore than that amount in Tequila drowning my stupidity!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Oh, and since I am asking I may as well ask another stupid question.

How long before the diecast chrome, novelty license plate frames from the 60's - 70's are worth something? I have a (stupid) "Let's Play In My Porsche" one that I almost tossed then thought better of it and hung it up on a nail in my garage. This thread has me thinking at some point people will be giving good money for those damned things!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

post it on ebay and you will find out. but likely anything vintage porsche from the 60's and very earyl 70's is worth more than you think.
1970 911E
Yadda Yadda Yadda
Old 08-07-2006, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
914-6 GT Resource Page

Garage
Does any one else other than me have a Vasek Polal license plate exactly like the one I have? Go up a few posts in this thread and you will see my Vasek frame which is broken on the right side...

I would LOVE to see the owner of another plate post some very good hi-res photos as the photos I took prior to the restoration are not all that great. Need more samples...

Thank you in advance for your time and posting!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

I have a chrome and black Manhattan plate. I would like to restore it, but kind and color black should I use?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: