Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: Pair of 8x15 Fuchs

these are excellent Al Reed candidates. Only very minor curb rash but the petals have a few divots that would need his attention to make these perfect. Or use them for track wheels.

$450 OBO + shipping

Deep!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

bbt and a question. what's a E European Café Racer?? A ton up toy?
Old 11-09-2006, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

What's a ton up toy?

A café racer is specific to your own vision, but mine is built around the idea of what some guy in France/Germany/England would have created after buying the car at the dealer in 68 and then modifying it over the next few years so that he could take a date out on Friday night and then hit the track over the weekend.

It's an understated sleeper that would prove to be fun on any course, but wouldn't win any races. Something like that.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

A Ton up toy is any 1000 cc Cafe motorcycle racer.
That name was given to the bikes of that era 50's - 60's that made the racer boy circuit at the Ace cafe in London. Vincents, Ariels, Brough's etc.
Thats what I thought you were refering to.Here's one i have in process
Old 11-09-2006, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Absolutely beautiful HB! and it's exactly the design aesthetic I am going for with my E: minimalist, sleak and purposebuilt augmenting the class and sophistication inherent in the basic design.

do you know anything about Gnome Rhone's by any chance?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks 800 cc p/c's this weekend.What would we do without our airheads?

Gnome... No knowledge of em ,They were'nt even shown at at the Guggenheim Exhibit in 2000.(The Art of the Motorcycle)
Did Google it,. It reminds me of the Ariel a bit. You have one??
The ultimate(IMO) is a Vincent Black Shadow 1953. What a stunning functional piece for it's day,and from the little island -Britian no less !!
I have my eye on one sitting in a living room in mid michigan,i will have it some day.
Ps How the Fuch sale going
Old 11-10-2006, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by hbkramer
Thanks 800 cc p/c's this weekend.What would we do without our airheads?

Gnome... No knowledge of em ,They were'nt even shown at at the Guggenheim Exhibit in 2000.(The Art of the Motorcycle)
Did Google it,. It reminds me of the Ariel a bit. You have one??
The ultimate(IMO) is a Vincent Black Shadow 1953. What a stunning functional piece for it's day,and from the little island -Britian no less !!
I have my eye on one sitting in a living room in mid michigan,i will have it some day.
Ps How the Fuch sale going
On the Gnome Rhone, don't have one, but have seen some of the company's early literature. very cool. just looked up the Black Shadow. I see what you mean. In my mind's eye, it is the quintessential early bike.

Wish I had the time and money to get into these.

fuchs are sold thanks. have a nice weekend.

S
Old 11-12-2006, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: