Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Exclamation Big stack of books for sale

So Im finally getting around to selling some more stuff, and I got this big stack of books I came across. Not all are factory, but most are tuning books, and some harcover coffee table books. some of them are no longer avail, some I dont really want to part with unless someone really offered good money and some are just books, take a look, pm me with inquiries.

heres a few pics of the lot, and a detailed list below

OK, first bunch, these are hardcover books

Automobile and culture
mario andretti a driving passion
Hot rods by boyd
Goodwood festival of speed
50 yrs of r&t
martini racing story
Porsche

These books I really love, so unless the offers are great, they will continue to adorn my coffee table because they are great books

Ok these are more technical books

Automotive technology is a harcover SAE type text book on gen auto...great info

carrol smith series- all good info mostly on common race car theory, but excell info

comp car susp

race car eng & mech

brake handbook

boyd coddingtins how to paint your hot rod

fiberglass book

hd sheet metal fab

car builders handbook

ayrton senna driving

tech of f1 car (cool inside stuff)

lemans porsche

sci design of intake an exhaust syst (a dry dry read, but tons of info)

these books again tech stuff, but great app theory

max boost- on turbo

turbochargers

metal fab

carrol smith book tune to win

eng bldr handbook (good info but focus on sb & bb)

fiberglass and composites

1001 tech tips

perf welding

prepare to win (Smith)

bosch fi & e mngmnt

how to make you car handle

chassis eng

BMW 7 series chilton manual

some of these books listed in this bunch got damp at the edges but the pages still work, theyre just a bit wiggly at the corners

I also have :

original 1977 Porsche sales brochure

I also have, and I have pics if you need to see, Im jsut getting tired of uploading them....

Porsche factory service tecknick for: 94 993 carrera, 95 993 cab, 86 911 carrera and 930

porsche facotry tech service bulltetins jan96- dec 96

OEM owners manual for 996 twin turbo (brand new) m 96/70 & m 96/70 e

road and track illustrated automoitve dictionary

Porsche 911 road cars (Dennis Adler)

The Classic Porsche (Mike Mc Carthy)

Powerplay porsche turbo (Peter Vann)

A french kiss with death

porsche 911 eng hist and dev (tobias achiele)

fantastic porsche (peter vann)

porsche the essence of performance

porsche speedster 47-94 (Dr Michel thiriar)

great cars & grand marques (Automobile quarterley)

Excellence august 1989

great classic cars (alan austin chris harvey)

ferrari the legend (mark konig)

inside f-1 1996 (john nicholson maurice hamilton)

porsche 911 story (paul frere)

porsche precision balance and style ( paul cockerham)

original old andial sales brochure

porsche 911 in all its forms (chris harvey)

the racing porsches r to rsr (john starkey)

the porsche book (lothar boschen and jurgen barth, p frere, ferry porsche )

porsche 917 the winning formula (peter morgan)

porsche racing cars (bill oursler)

again, its too much to put up all the pics, but if you want to see them ill email them to you, some of these books are tough to get and even out of print, feel free to ask questions.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

I'd be interested in the Bosch book, the metal workers book, nuts and bolts and the french kiss book. Please email me thru my profile what you might anticipate for these. I'm in 90807, but shipping can be snail media mail. I'm not cheap, I'll give you a fair price. thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'm interested in:
Porsche 911 eng. history and dev
Porsche r-rsr
Porsche speedsters
You can pm or e-mail, whichever works for you. My zip is 96744, and like Milt, snail media is ok. Thank you!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Books

Christian
2 of Carrol Smiths books - Engineer to Win, Prepare to Win.
John Starkey Racing Porsches R to RSR ( I see Jon has asked about this also) interested in what $ you would want for it (in case Jon passes).
Bob

two notes: It was joked that the first working title of Carrol Smiths "Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners" book was "Screw to Win"?

Boschen and Barth's The Porsche Book - has been the most used (dog eared) in my opinion, it's even more helpful than K. Ludvigsen - Excellence as Expected for the early 911.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FirstGen
I'd be interested in about 1/4 of the books do you think you can do a price sheet or should I just list the books I'm interested in also?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to FrinkFrog
HD Sheet Metal Fabrication, How to Make Your Car Handle, Performance Welding, Automotive Technology. PM or e-mail with prices. Thanks.

Kirk
Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FirstGen
Ok I'll start off with Chassis Eng, Engine Builders Handbook, Sci design Exhaust/Intake, Race Car...
Old 02-22-2007, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Christian,

I'm interested in the original 1977 Porsche sales brochure and the Porsche factory service tecknicks for: 94 993 carrera, 95 993 cab, 86 911 carrera and 930.

Thanks,
JR
Old 02-22-2007, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Hello, sorry about the delay guys, I probably should have posted up prices, so let me sort through and do that, Ive got some work to get done today but I will put up a price list and try to answer everyones messages, again, I didnt think I would get such a response. Shipping charges would be ehatever the cost of freight and box or envelope would be.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Anyone ever hear back from Christian??
Old 03-09-2007, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Hello everyone, first I owe all of you big apology, I know it seemed like I dropped off the face of the earth, but I didnt, I just have been extremeley busy with work these past number of weeks. I know that many of you have had questions about the books, and I apologize, I just havent had a chance to really sit down and andwer all of the email. I am also in the process of switching over to a mac and a whole new operating system and email adress and so on, so I really havent been keeping up with my old adress. I hope I didnt piss anyone off. I plan on sitting down when I get some free time and relisitng the books with prices, so that Im not up in the air with everyone. I began to go through some of the books to price them fairly, so I am on my way to getting it done. I apologize again, I had no idea that I was going to get hammered at work, and it was unfair for me to put up the post and then leave everyone hanging. Give me a chance to get situated and I will offer these up again properly....and maybe start working on my spelling too. (I know theres a spell check button under here, but Im too lazy to push it
Old 03-11-2007, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: