Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
WTB: 3 point Rear Seat Belt Set Up...

I am looking for a set of seat belts to make the back of my 911 convertible safe for my 4 and 6 year old. I don't know if I need a 5 point or just a regular 3 point kit.

The car is a 1982 911 cab conversion... I am fine with altering anything that needs to be done...

Also not sure if I need to install some sort of cab re enforcement or not??

Early post:
I think I need the 3 point belts... I have the lap belts (but the wife said there not safe)... My kids are in booster seats at this point. I had toddler seats with the lap belts ran through and when ever I stopped the seats would tend to just tip forward.... so I was just going to mount a bracket back there to clip the seats to so they can be tied down tighter... however they more or less are at the stage where I need to just find a way to get there booster in there....

Now for the booster I am pretty sure they need more than the lap belt so I need to get a 3 point deal to install...

Any thoughts I have read through a lot of the threads here and see its not a big deal to drill the hole in the back tray and reinforce... but not sure if I need different stuff for a cab or not....

Never the less I need all the parts to make it look good....

Last edited by myrddin; 03-27-2008 at 05:45 AM..
Old 03-26-2008, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
also need seat cover for a cloth rsa seat if anyone has one.. just need driver side bottom... I had a rip in mine.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

rear belts

PM sent

pat
Old 03-27-2008, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

3-Point Seat Belt Upgrade

I have an 84 cab with lap belts and looked into installing the 3-point belts from a coupe. I could not find a way to attach the third point that would not interfere with the cabriolet top mechanism when you opened it. I would also be interested in any help about making this change.

Most of these cars had the third attachment point on the rear deck even if they did not have the 3-point belts.

In Pennsylvania I was able to find in our DOT law that children did not need the "Booster" seat if the vehicle was originally equipped with only lap belts. As you have noticed the lap belts do not hold the booster seat well and it also raised the child up putting them more so in harms way with a convertible. The small rear seats of the 911 work well for child to be tucked in. You will need to check your state laws about child seats.

Rick
Old 03-27-2008, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Cool 993 Cab seatbelts

I recently purchased the rear seats and 3 point belts from a 993 Cab and will be installing them shortly. From what I see, they will require 4 reinforced holes drilled on the lip between the upper and lower cushion. This will involve removing the carpet in that area as well as dropping the motor/tranny to gain access from below. After bolted in, the carpet will need to be modified slightly but should hide the installation.
The parts are usually sold used, as a complete setup, for around the 300+ dollar range and from the research I have done so far, this seems to be the only safe option.
Hope this helps.

Just enjoying life!

86 911 Cabriolet (My first Porsche)
Old 03-27-2008, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Hang Loose... have you started your install? I have also found a 993 cab seat... however I didnt get any hardware so I dont know what I need... looks like 4 bolts?

any pics or input would rock...

thnx
Old 04-10-2008, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I have a set of rear 3 pt belts from a 964 - Send me a PM if you're interested.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Going to start the install this weekend... can anyone tell me what all I need to bolt it in.. I mean what does the factory hardware look like? would like to keep it as close as I can... other wist I will make a trip to the hardware store for some stainless Steel bolts and drill some holes.

Any ideas

Old 04-17-2008, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
gigger

911 targa backseat belt conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddin View Post
Going to start the install this weekend... can anyone tell me what all I need to bolt it in.. I mean what does the factory hardware look like? would like to keep it as close as I can... other wist I will make a trip to the hardware store for some stainless Steel bolts and drill some holes.

Any ideas

i assume you got this installed.

how did it go?

I am looking at buying an 85 targa but need to be able to install shoulder strap seat belts
Old 08-08-2008, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
yes, more info guys.. please

- Daily - 2004 Cayenne S
- Gone but not forgotten - 1983 Ruby Red Cabriolet
Old 08-08-2008, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Hi there all:
I have a '91 964 Cab that I'm hoping to install 3-point shoulder belts in the rear seats, and wondering if any of you have had success with this?
Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I installed 3 pt seat belts in my 86. I bought some seat belts on ebay but will be replacing them with some from the link below:
Results for SEAT BELTS:Porsche

If you do a search you will find lots of info on doing this. If you bury a question on in a 2 year old post on the sale forum, you might not get too many replies in the future!
Good luck. Hope you make it work. My kids love drives in the 911.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: