Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
garage lift

Harbor Freight has a Central Hydraulics 6000 pound capacity scissor lift on their webside. The price is $959. Has anyone purchased this lift or know anyone that has used one? Has anyone heard of this company? Looking to see if this would be a worthwhile purchase. Thanks

Old 09-27-2009, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

i don't have that but i do have their hydraulic motorcycle table lift. owned it for 2 years with lots of use and no problems at all. i actually looked at the lift you mentioned but i don't have a 220 line in the garage.
He is.... nineball. I don't always drive sports cars, but when I do I drive a 1983 911SC Targa. Stay fast my friends.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Harbor Freight is making sure what they sell that the partrs be readily available
since they will be warranty-ing what they sell.
I needed parts for my compressor and for my blast box.
1 -glass for sandblast cabinet ...$6.75 shipped took 2 days
1- compressor shut off switch, they sent me the whole enchilada that hangs on the compressor...$12.89 shipped 4 days

they are on the ball....

I believe as they are making money-a-plenty, they are re-investing into resources and better quality merchandise which is all good for us poor but working folk...
Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered knucklehead

Garage
I do not know if the lift in this guys garage is the same one, but you might want to ask him about his.. His is a HF $1,000 scissor lift... Look at posts 6 & 7 in this link.

1978 911 sc 3.2 ss part out (all of it)

Gregg
C.R.A.P. Gruppe Member #10
SCWDP Member #34
1983 911 SC Cabriolet, 1989 944 S2
1969 Chevelle SS396 w/427 Vette motor, 1970 Buick GS455
2000 BMW 528i Touring, 2005 GMC Sierra
Old 09-27-2009, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Hydraulic lift from HF.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Harbor Freight has a Central Hydraulics 6000 pound capacity scissor lift on their webside. The price is $959. Has anyone purchased this lift or know anyone that has used one? Has anyone heard of this company? Looking to see if this would be a worthwhile purchase. Thanks
Wanderer,

Bought one from HF 4 years ago and completely satisfied with its performance. So far, I've have not encountered any problem since owning it. Maybe others could share their experience. Good luck.

Tony
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

4 years ago I bought a mid rise HF lift. It leaked within a week and I sent it back. At the time customer service was not great...may or may not have been the same lift though.

I've since bought a Bend Pak mid rise and it's been great.

Ask about the type of delivery and where they will bring it, for any lift. I had to re-crate mine and get it up 100ft of driveway to be picked up!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

I bought a used HF scissor lift a few weeks ago - it's basically unused and as-new. It's great so far!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

HF regularly comes out with 25% discount coupons-watch for those!
I bought a small lathe from them a few months ago and it was a phenominal deal-but I had to get the store manager involved to get things handled properly.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Same hydraulic lift.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom '74 911 View Post
I bought a used HF scissor lift a few weeks ago - it's basically unused and as-new. It's great so far!

Tom,

We got the same HF lift and been happy ever since. Personally, I think the Bend Pak lift is much robust and better designed than our HF lift. I paid $1000 delivered to my garage door.

Tony
Old 09-28-2009, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbir View Post
HF regularly comes out with 25% discount coupons-watch for those!
I bought a small lathe from them a few months ago and it was a phenominal deal-but I had to get the store manager involved to get things handled properly.

The discounts are 20% off any single item purchased, but it is restricted to in-store items only. I have yet to find a HF that stocks the lift locally. I tried to do the same thing for my motorcycle life but it had to be shipped, and they would not ship to a residential address either. Due to the weight and the delivery method (semi) you have to have a loading dock.
He is.... nineball. I don't always drive sports cars, but when I do I drive a 1983 911SC Targa. Stay fast my friends.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Home delivery.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
The discounts are 20% off any single item purchased, but it is restricted to in-store items only. I have yet to find a HF that stocks the lift locally. I tried to do the same thing for my motorcycle life but it had to be shipped, and they would not ship to a residential address either. Due to the weight and the delivery method (semi) you have to have a loading dock.
nineball,

The semi (40c+ foot long) that delivered the lift to my residence (townhouse) has hydraulic flatform. It was lowered close to the ground and slid it on a dolly and pushed it inside the garage. BTW, a friend of mine just recently purchased a hydraulic lift.

Tony
Old 09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
I depends on the coupon. I used a coupon that allowed me to order over the phone-from Canada-have the lathe shipped to the closest HF store in the States and pay for it there-heck of a deal!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

i wish they would have done that for me. i had to have mine delivered to a friend's business for the dock and then get it home on my own.

-------

if you happen to get another of those coupons please let me know. i can only find the ones mentioned.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Well when the blue helmut Chinese supplied private security forces are patrolling our streets, you will of wished to hell you had bought U.S. made products.

79 steel wide body Targa / euro 915 oil cooled LSD / SSI's / RUF 8 & 10's / Monty M22 / Alum flywheel plus lots of other silly little mods n upgrades
Old 09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antares View Post
Well when the blue helmut Chinese supplied private security forces are patrolling our streets, you will of wished to hell you had bought U.S. made products.

...says the owner of a german car
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Yeah you have a point there - but please try and remember that our Porsches were made by cost of living wage union european workers. Not by some abomination of derivative financed U.S. private interests partnered with China oligarch state owned and exploited sweat shops.

. . . . so I think that is my point here.

79 steel wide body Targa / euro 915 oil cooled LSD / SSI's / RUF 8 & 10's / Monty M22 / Alum flywheel plus lots of other silly little mods n upgrades
Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Hello
I just want to thank everyone on the input for the lift. After much thought and way too much research, I went with the HF one. The research pointed to most being made not in the USA as a few seem to wave that banner. The HF as many have mentioned is very similar to the bendpak. They both seem to have more open space when you need to do things under the car. I ordered it this morning and it will be in on Thursday. I have to go to HF to pick it up. I did find a HF coupon for 20% off, which is almost $200. I had to go to the Walmart and go through about 10 car mags, before I found one with the coupon. It did state for in stock items, but the Ass Manager did not look twice at that. He just scanned it and told me to pick it up at the store on Thursday. For those of you who get Popular Mechanics and Popular Science mags, the November editions are suppose to have that same coupon. I cannot verify that though. The mag that had one, is Super Chevy December 2009. Thanks again everyone.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

wanderer, hello.
Well, I picked up a Popular Science yesterday. Today I verified that I have electrical panel capacity for a 220 outlet. Please post updates on your HF lift purchase, assembly and install. I'm interested to hear.
Gary S.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Even a Bad day is good

Garage
greg smith lift

nothing better than a lift,, i paid 1500 delivered but it looks like the hf lift. so that seems like a great deal
It is very heavy and makes working on the car too easy.

in fact you begin to find a lot of things that need repaired or enhanced so watch out for that

gary
Old 11-12-2009, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Power supply to HF hydraulic lift.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg2290 View Post
wanderer, hello.
Well, I picked up a Popular Science yesterday. Today I verified that I have electrical panel capacity for a 220 outlet. Please post updates on your HF lift purchase, assembly and install. I'm interested to hear.
Gary S.

GaryS (brg2290),

You need a 30 amp. /110V circuit for the lift. A 15 amp. would work but trips the circuit breaker once in a while specially when loaded.

Herman (wanderer),

You got a real bargain at $800!!! This lift costs just about a single 9" fuchs wheel. BTW, don't forget to fill the hydraulic tank with fluid. Post a picture your new lift.

Tony

Old 11-13-2009, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: