Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Simpson View Post
Well, I finally got Lee to call me back, by tracking him down at work. His "side" of the story-

-Now that his reputation is "so burned on Pelican" he sees no benefit to compensating me for the bent wheel he traded me.
Guess being an idiot means that he does not realize that this will follow him. No matter where he goes, the Porsche world and internet will continue to find him no matter where he runs.

Stupid fool, it would have been light years ahead to pay for your damages and made a happy customer.

Hey Lee, I know you are watching. I never knew your name before this thread but you can be dammed sure that now I will never forget it, along with hundreds of other Porsche owners. Great way to advertise!

Joe A
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 09-06-2010, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Good stuff guys<<<<>>>
Old 09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

This thread is a real burner! Maybe I'm a minority here but, I generally buy used parts on here. Now being used, I expect them to be less than perfect. I see this was a high dollar transaction, so I don't see how putting $170 into a used set of wheels is such a deal breaker. Now, he could have responded, but he didn't. I think putting a thread up was probably on okay idea, but I think it has gotten way out of hand now. If you feel you got burned, that sucks, but, you bought used parts at a used price. Lets all move on now. This might he a good time for our host to dump this thread...
Old 09-06-2010, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
yep, im slow in the head

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to carslutt
holy smokes........ thanks for the heads up
Old 09-07-2010, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar9119 View Post
This thread is a real burner! Maybe I'm a minority here but, I generally buy used parts on here. Now being used, I expect them to be less than perfect. I see this was a high dollar transaction, so I don't see how putting $170 into a used set of wheels is such a deal breaker. Now, he could have responded, but he didn't. I think putting a thread up was probably on okay idea, but I think it has gotten way out of hand now. If you feel you got burned, that sucks, but, you bought used parts at a used price. Lets all move on now. This might he a good time for our host to dump this thread...
PCAR9119,

You are in the minority I am afraid. This is a forum of enthusiasts and typically an excellent place to get P-car parts that are NOS or in used condition as you stated. Being an enthusiast site brings a certain expectation of ethics and integrity that one might not find on a site like ebay. You are right that this is out of hand and the only thing the host should "dump" is LeeBparts and access to this group as he has shown his lack of both integrity and ethics. I am not the forum police, but we are collectively the forum police. Wrong is wrong no matter how you slice it. Some folks were never taught this basic principle.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar9119 View Post
Dump the thread? Why, so Lee and his friends can continue to screw others? You are right that you are in the minority.

Lee and others like him try to find people who think like you do, screw them for whatever he can get then moves on to the next one.

I could care less if its for 5c or $5000, when someone plays games on selling parts with me they are going to have a problem.
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 09-07-2010, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Cant understand the last 10 seconds, can someone translate?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottbombedout View Post
Cant understand the last 10 seconds, can someone translate?
One person in 70 or so posts feels that its ok to steal from people on the PP board by selling defective parts.

The rest of us on the thread feel that a thief should be parachuted onto a desert island and left to fend for themselves for a decade or so, then maybe they would realize that honesty is the best policy.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Okay, I'm not saying that I think people should get screwed or anything of that nature. I do expect to get what I paid for, and I do represent what I sell as clearly as I can. I am an enthusiast also, I love this forum as much as anyone else. Wow, why am I defending myself now. See what is happening? This is why I said the thread has made it's point now, and it should be enough. Now because I have made a blanket statement I feel like I will be black listed buy you guys also. Hope not, love these forums, and love buying and selling on here...
Old 09-07-2010, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

pcar9119

You may have had a good experience with leebparts, and that would be helpful for all others to hear about. But...the bottom line is that it appears leebparts has done more damage than good. Me?? I do not care either way. i just despise flippers on this forum.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Simpson View Post
Well, I finally got Lee to call me back, by tracking him down at work. His "side" of the story-

-He didn't know the wheel was bent. "Shame on me" he says
-6 months is a perfectly normal amount of time to resolve something like this
-Now that his reputation is "so burned on Pelican" he sees no benefit to compensating me for the bent wheel he traded me.

I edited out the middle section with the phone number, but this was the first return message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeaksa View Post
One person in 70 or so posts feels that its ok to steal from people on the PP board by selling defective parts.

The rest of us on the thread feel that a thief should be parachuted onto a desert island and left to fend for themselves for a decade or so, then maybe they would realize that honesty is the best policy.
Joe, I meant translate the last 10 seconds of the phonecall.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
MBruns for President

Garage
I was also bitten by this fine individual - bought a fuchs wheel that was supposedly "polished and true and needs nothing"

Turned out that it had been chromed (not disclosed) - the chrome had been removed from most of it - it needed a ton of work - I asked for some sort of compensation - (I definitely paid top of the market) and all of sudden email and phone stopped working...

Caveat emptor
Old 09-24-2010, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Move this back to the top. Lee, can I bring Jeremy to visit you in Chicago too?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

This just keeps getting better and better.

Lee actually emailed me asking why I was so down on him. I told him to fix the rim, the 914 door handles (which he acted like he did not know about) then we would talk.

Not a peep out of him since that time...

Joe A
Old 09-27-2010, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Garage
Told me he would ship me a rear heater fan but has not got back to me. Thank god I read this, no money changed hands.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Banned

Wow

$20 bucks for a good unwarped solid fan?

I think you can get a prepaid envelope pack to Australia for $10 bucks, I am in no rush so please dont send expedited over night or anything like that!

Cheers
Ed.

Wow whats your problem I have worked the last 12 days in a row and the US POST OFFICE AND UPS ARE CLOSED ON Sundays, my mom in the hospital and I have had no time.
Sure no probs.

Give me a shout when you have a total.

Ive done a bodge back date for now. No rush.

Cheers
Ed.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to agrimmitt
Question I don't understand???

Guys:
The fact is that 90% of us, who have made a comment on this tread have done business together at one time or another for years. It's not about the "number of posts" listed under your name, since many of us don't list or print our bids or comments directly on the tread, but prefer to use direct PM for question, offers and or purchase details. Many of us have purchased or talked with leeparts over the years. We are our own "Police", these types of tread help us when we are reviewing a sellers items, printed statements, emails, or direct calls to them. At one time I have talked, sold, or purchased items from most of you. Right or wrong you by now should have a good idea if you want to purchase from this seller! I don't purchase from the UK period; we all have seen the comments and seen or received bull- - - - emails from these clowns; the cure>DON'T BUY FROM THEM! The sad part is Wayne's team can't check, review, or stop poor or misleading posts by them. {look at those damaged RUF wheels>the photo's tell the story} In some cases the seller just doesn't know and thinks his parts are worth the price or "in good condition; he purchase the car that had them on it. But not in leeparts case he has been around for a long time. These types of "beware posts" save the newbies and make it hard for them to sell items on the tread.
It's simple: Read and Remember, buy from those you trust!
art
agrimmitt@pelican
5/17 Thur 7am pst

Last edited by agrimmitt; 05-17-2012 at 06:22 AM..
Old 05-17-2012, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

It is not just parts. I looked at a 3.2 cab that was offered for sale on PP by a very frequent poster (he has a car on here now). The car looked great and his description was detailed. Went to see and drive the car, but did not like the way it idled (he said it needed an adjustment). I had a compression/ leakdown test done by an independent P-shop (at my expense of course) and that revealed 85 - 90% leakdown and very low compression on 2 cylinders. Basically the engine was toast, so needless to say I passed. He relisted the car 2 days later for a grand less than before, and made no mention of the engine problems that were found. Some pelican got SCREWED. ALWAYS DO A PPI/LEAKDOWN / COMPRESSION CHECK!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Garage
White house comment

This issue has nothing to do with the White House.
The person there now had nothing to do with MM when he was ripping off porsche enthusiasts for working on their cars.
Let's deal with the issue @ hand & put the scammers out of business by reporting on them through this site.
Keep politics out & support each other.
Bill
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adobehome View Post
This issue has nothing to do with the White House.
The person there now had nothing to do with MM when he was ripping off porsche enthusiasts for working on their cars.
Let's deal with the issue @ hand & put the scammers out of business by reporting on them through this site.
Keep politics out & support each other.
Bill
You do realize that this thread is YEARS old? Why keep digging up old muck?

Move on, LeeBparts has been banned for a LONG time!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: