Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Attn leebparts-Please contact me

Your offer of $75 to straighten the bent 8" fuch you sold me is not enough.

I've already paid a lot more than that to fix a wheel that was bent on both the inner and outer lip.

My first notification to you was that the wheel was bent was in February. I've emailed multiple times since then, my most recent email was Wednesday this week and I left a message at your home number yesterday.

You have my contact information, but to be sure...todd.simpson@comcast.net, 856-642-5246.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I talked to him about those wheels, and something just didn't seem right. He didn't want to answer my questions and didn't return my phone call, so I walked away. Hope you resolve your problem.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
screwed me too.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I wish these low-lifes would find a different crowd to screw over!

Andreas
Old 07-25-2010, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Why are we having so many crooks come out of the woodworks in the last couple of months?
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 07-25-2010, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeaksa View Post
Why are we having so many crooks come out of the woodworks in the last couple of months?
Once you recognize who lives in the White House You'll understand

Sorry, but I couldn't resist throwing that into the mix.
1971 911T **Sold**, 1968 912 **Sold**
Old 07-25-2010, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Deplorable Member

Garage
Half the country is out of work and increasingly desperate for money - hanging out on a Porsche forum by default makes you a target.

Black Cars Matter
Old 07-25-2010, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Lee's last log in, 8:45AM.

No response to calls or emails.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
About a year ago I bought a test pipe from this guy. He sent it parcel post to save 30 cents, the shipping took almost a month, when it arrived it was rusted and bent so bad it wouldn't line up with the muffler. I tried to repair it with heat from a torch but I distorted it to the point that I could not send it back. I threw it away knowing I could not win a dispute. Now I know I would not have received any compensation from a return anyway.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
Had the same spotty contact with him when he offered to buy some Hawk Blue pads off me. I gave up on his intermittent contact. I also left a message at his home number, offering to ship them my cost instead of meet up with him since he appears to be local to me- no return call.... and sold them to someone who actually responds in a timely manner, if at all.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Well, Lee logged in this morning, and he's logged in almost every morning since this was posted. He logged in again this afternoon.

I did get a PM from Lee, that he's upset about this thread, but no discussion of how to make things right, no return phone calls or emails.

Lee did have the time to PM other responders in this thread, perhaps they can share what he wrote.

The timeline was

2/2010 I notified Lee the wheel was bent and he replied "Hi Todd, sorry not getting back to you sooner I am so sorry I did not know therewas a bent wheel I might have 1 other wheel but I think it is polished will have to look through some of the boxes. and get back to. Regards,Lee

He never replied after that.

6/11/2010 A few more emails and Lee finally replies "Hi todd i have 1 more wheel but it also has slight bend on inside portion i may be able to get it fixed prior toshipping regards lee"

OK, so he wants to ship me ANOTHER bent wheel.

Later in June I shipped the wheel to wheel collision, figuring this wheel is useless unless fixed. Wheel Collision calls me to tell me it's bent on both the inner and outer lip and quote me ~$140 to fix. Again, I email Lee...perhaps he wants this wheel back? Maybe he'll just say fix it?

Nope, no reply...the wheel sits for weeks so finally, I choose to fix it on my dime and hope for the best.

I communicate all this to Lee.

7/21/2010 An offer for $75 comes. Hi todd . i was going to have 1 of my other 8s that i have straightend that has slight bend and i just been so busy i forgot my guy charges 75.00 at the car dealer i work at which i had told you prior i will send pay pal to you for the 75.00

Since then I've replied that I paid $16 to ship the wheel and $171 to Wheel Collision in Bath PA to fix it. They destroyed the anodizing in the process, which is a bummer as that's the one thing I wanted-decent anodizing, but at least I know the wheel was fixed by a pro. Pics to come.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Simpson View Post
Lee did have the time to PM other responders in this thread, perhaps they can share what he wrote.
I received a scathing PM from this asshat, complete with obligatory curse words.

In response, I let him know how I felt about his lack of integrity.....

Andreas
Old 07-31-2010, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

So here's the wheel. I don't have a shot of it when it was bent, but Lee does-I sent it to him back in February. It had a massive flat spot on the inner lip.

Wheel Collision straightened both the inner lip, the outer lip and machined both mounting faces for the tire bead. They machined the outer lip as well. Whatever happened to this wheel it was F'd pretty bad.

Lots of wheel weights where it was bent, and the silver lines above it are the tooling marks from the fix.

Machined bead areas. I've never seen this before, it was part of the fix at Wheel Collision.

Machined areas on outer lip.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

LeeBParts is a flipper on this sight anyway and it is annoying to me.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOW162435 View Post
I received a scathing PM from this asshat, complete with obligatory curse words.

In response, I let him know how I felt about his lack of integrity.....

Andreas
Well so did I! The PM I rec'd was titled "STICKING YOUR NOSE IN OTHER PEOPLES ASSES" and responded by saying I simply shared my attempt-to-sell experience with him and if he disagrees with what I said, please let me know where i'm wrong.

I also noted that his lack of response leaves everyone to assume he's the wrongdoer, since he's not providing his side of the story. The story which incidentally I was accused of not knowing, so i'm the arsehole here......
Old 07-31-2010, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Todd,

Did the repair facility tell you how much material they removed from the bead when the trued the wheel up??
Old 07-31-2010, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Well, at least its good to know that no one on the board should ever use LeeB for anything in the future. His lack of response and not taking care of a bad part he sold is enough for me but bet the others will feel the same...
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 08-01-2010, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Again, Lee visits this board almost every day, yet no calls or attempts to resolve this.

I did get this email today from Lee.

Todd, I never said I was not going to pay you! but at this time you have slammed me several times on pelican and see no reason to pay you.You slandered me I have sold a lot of part on this site with 99% of all people being happy the other guy with the by-pass pipe is a marder he never sent the part back so i would have payed him back if he sent it back, I had no problem with it! I still have not unwrapped the other 5 wheels/tires that you sent me. as I said if there is any damage on those will you pay me back? I have had enough of going around with you!! I told you I had 1 wheel that had a bend in it and I was going to have it repaired and then send it to you, I told you I pay $75.00 here in Chicago and sorry I did not get it done sooner you took it upon yourself to send it to your guy.!!! until you make amends on the pelican site i have no time for you!!

Lee

Later in the day I spoke to him, by calling him at work and he promised me a call at home tonight. I've yet to receive that call.

Here is the receipt from Wheel Collision. Note the wheel sat there from 6/8 to 6/22, after they notified me it was bent on the inside AND outside lip. During this time I called and emailed Lee to see what he wanted to do. Reimburse me, send me another wheel, I was open to any solution, just wanted a straight, usable wheel.

Lee-since I know you'll read this at some point-I'm not slandering you. We have unfinished business. Why don't you contact me, compensate me for the bent wheel and we can all move on?
Old 08-11-2010, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

With reasoning like that, he would make a great politician! He is probably thinking:

"I did screw you on the wheels and afterwards did promise to make it right but considering that I have never kept my part of the deal, and you have actually told people on the board that I never kept my part of the deal, then I do not feel that I have to do the right thing and make it right. Of course I never was going to give you the money to "make it right" in the first place, but as I am a ball-less and spineless wonder this gives me a reason to slink off back into the sewer again hoping that not everyone sees this and I can keep selling defective crap on PP"

Does that about cover it?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

It looks like I work just down the road from this 'quality' individual. Can one of you that have had an interesting encounter with him PM me his address? I'll take a swing by there and see what I can see.
96 BMW K-1100 LT
Old 08-12-2010, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: