Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Typical Salesman

Garage
Vasek Polak License Plate Frame

Found another one over the weekend while cleaning out my Grandmother's garage. This one is circa 1960-65; condition is pretty damn nice for its age (sitting on a workbench with a towel over it; and about 50 years worth of dust on it.

Porsche Vasek Polak License Plate Frame (1960-65) : eBay Motors (item 260655000967 end time Aug-30-10 15:38:14 PDT)

Email me for better pics.

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2010 Lincoln Nav - The Purple People Eater
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 08-23-2010, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Those were the magic days of California. Dead, you know. About 20 years at least.
73 911 No longer Targa-3.2L Running GT4
88 Carrera G50
Old 08-23-2010, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
I'm here to cause trouble

Aw c'mon. Do those things even sell for 1/3 that much?

JB
'62 Plymouth Valiant '60 Ford Galaxy 500 (RIP)
Old 08-23-2010, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

LOL this used to be fun, now its a joke.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Typical Salesman

Garage
I sold 2 about two months ago at 400 each. I still receive inquiries about them, so I thought I'd go a little higher for this one.

This is very simple gents, If you don't want it, don't bid.

BUT - thanks for the bump!

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Tazio Nuvolari

Don't mean to hijack your post but I have come across a big rock and fastening strap used by Tazio Nuvolari during the Belgian GP in 1938. Found it in my old grandmother's gardening shed. A bargain at $1800.50 USD. HURRY!!!

EPS
AMG V8 SL55 Mercedes, 993 C2, 86' Carrera 3.6 hot rod, Purple 1998 993 that didn't make the cut, 3 very old 930s, A/Fuel Dragster CH3NO2 (R.I.P.), Blown Alcohol TAD, AA/AA, 360 Maxim wingless, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Amateur Welder, Painter and sculptor sort of. -
Old 08-24-2010, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Hey e p slick,
How much for just the ROCK! I could really use that thing to throw at my computer so I could remember the good old days when you could find a DEAL on parts!
kt911rs
Old 08-24-2010, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks guys for posting what I was thinking about a $500 license plate frame...
Good luck with the sale though! and a free bump!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Typical Salesman

Garage
Why don't you look at my posts and ask how many people have wanted parts and I've given them away...literally (even covered the freight). But you all are right, that doesn't apply to those who only can ask "what have you done for me lately".

I buy, sell, and ask questions on my 911 on Pelican, in an answer to in my grandmother's garage...my father and grandfather were 356 guys; they bought several from Vasek in the early 60s, my grandmother never cleaned out the garage, and after her passing; guess what i'm doing, that's right boys/girls...cleaning it out.

For someone who wants to restore a car...gee whatdyathink...this is hard to find; if I'm overpriced, then the market will show won't it? If it's too rich for your blood, that's cool, it's too valuable of a piece to put onto my 911; that's why I'm gonna sell it.

If I sound a little offended, you're reading it right, I'm flabbergasted at how much time people have to kill; sending me a note on eBay telling me i'm way out of line and posts like most above.

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O

Last edited by jeffrey2; 08-24-2010 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: I was too rude
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Jeffrey,

Do not despair. It is probably worth what you are asking, or close to that. Where else is any one of the complainers here gonna come up with another one like this.. at ANY price? This isn't the Corvair club folks. Get serious. I have seen way too many of you swoop down on a low price item and after it is sold.. BRAG about how you stole it. No pity here.

Now I wish I were computer literate enough to insert a video of Nascars only ever triple header winner sitting on the roof of his car after winning and making the big "crocodile tears to the "other guy's" fans who were booing him! Gotta love life.

and.. bump
JR
Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Nuvolari rock price increase!!!

You have convinced me that the super rare Nuvolari Ballast Rock is probably worth way more than $1800.00! Price just doubled to $3600.00 USD.
Cheapsters please don't apply as I just don't have the time.

EPS

Tucson
AMG V8 SL55 Mercedes, 993 C2, 86' Carrera 3.6 hot rod, Purple 1998 993 that didn't make the cut, 3 very old 930s, A/Fuel Dragster CH3NO2 (R.I.P.), Blown Alcohol TAD, AA/AA, 360 Maxim wingless, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Amateur Welder, Painter and sculptor sort of. -

Last edited by e p slick; 08-24-2010 at 11:40 AM..
Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

sorry for the hijack but you get a free BUMP

E P Slick:

I really want that rock. Not many rocks that Nuvorali actually touched. I hear it was tossed up by Fangio's car when he snuck past him in the darkness on the Mille. The only reason he kept the rock, you see, was that I had that Fangio connection. I just can't afford it. Maybe you will take a part trade my titanium 917 boost wheel that was actually touched by Alois Ruf? I don't have an image of Alois touching it, but I can include an notarized letter that I witnessed it with my very own eyes? I'm not sure how I could make that rock work as a boost knob, but I bet some JB Weld would work miracles.

Yours truly

JR
Old 08-24-2010, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Agent Orange

Would you take $7,200 for the rock? I think at the current price you're just giving it away and I don't want to take advantage of your mistake.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Sold!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilko View Post
Would you take $7,200 for the rock? I think at the current price you're just giving it away and I don't want to take advantage of your mistake.
SOLD TO THE MAN WITH THE RED WHEELS!!!!

Am I supposed to send you a check, the rock or both?

I have an inkling I just may find another Tazio Nuvolari Ballast Rock ( OR Alois Ruf if you prefer) in the next week or so - keep tuned.

EP Slick Tucson
Old 08-24-2010, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
I have Vasek Polak's Porsche 917 in white color for sale. Inherited from Vasek.
Asking price $ 10 000 000.00
Vasek Polak licence plate frame included.

Last edited by lubo50; 08-25-2010 at 10:24 AM..
Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysflat6s View Post
Jeffrey,

Where else is any one of the complainers here gonna come up with another one like this.. at ANY price?
JR
In a friend of mines (pcar mech) garage, several of them. I'll let him know the metal used in them has now turned to gold...

Jeffery, no offense meant at all. If you can sell it for that , good for you. Its worth whatever someones willing to pay for it. Good luck with your sale.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Typical Salesman

Garage
I'm now unsubscribing from this thread I started now; I always treat those I transact/comment to with a degree of respect for relevant information and am amazed at how this rule I hold myself to is not reciprocal.

For those who think it's outrageous...you're right, it won't go well with a car on a salvage title, it won't fit on a ground pounder, it isn't meant for those who have porsches as daily drivers, it's meant for restorations.

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Agent Orange

Look Jeffrey, there is a certain degree of camaraderie on this board and people look after each other. This particular section has always had a bit of a swap meet where people bring their unwanted items. I don't know you, I don't recall seeing any of your posts in the past. But I can see how some people might find your thread over the top and even offensive. You didn't even bother offering the license plate here first, just posted a link to Ebay. It's just not in the spirit of this forum, that's all. GLWS!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I have to agree with Ilko. I just erased a couple of long paragraphs. Ilko just said all that needs saying.
JR
Old 08-24-2010, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to pjv911
Wow! you guys are such cry babies. If I didn't know better I would have thought I was on the Subaru forum. The guy is right in line with that price. Even if it was high what right does anyone of you have to degrade its value with worthless whining about something you have no plan to buy or even want.
I happen to have a 1965/66 912 with 76k orig from the original owner and the original Vasek window sticker. That plate frame is not on my car. I wish it was and would pay $500 if I had it. Unfortunately I have to worry about school clothes for my kids and monthly expenses before my cars. In these times I could never justify that purchase with the wife.

I used to frequent this board daily because it was a tight community without the worthless bickering. Maybe its these harder economic times that brought about these responses above. Lets not blame this man for asking a realistic price for an unobtainable item.

OK I'm done with my own bickering now. See what this started.
Jeff you should ask a moderator to close this post or just delete it. Garbage rants like this are not worthy of a board like Pelican.
65/66 912 1 owner 76k orig
01' Aston Martin DB7 V12 Vantage Coupe 6spd
Old 08-24-2010, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: