Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Turn signal/high beam stalk switch for sale

I am selling a turn signal/high beam stalk assembly switch part # 911.613.305.01 from my 1987 Carrera 911 coupe. Price: $35.00. 25% of price of new one. The switch is in perfect working order with no signs of unusual wear. It, like the car, has 75,xxx miles on it. The switch was taken off and replaced because of my bone-headed mistake of incorrectly diagnosing a headlight problem. It turned out to be a burned-up ground wire at the headlight. Although my 911 now has a brand-new switch installed. I would like to sell this one to at least recoup some of what I lost by installing the new one, and to give some person another option by buying mine, albeit used, at a discount over purchasing a new one. BTW, they are easy to install. Just prop your head up with a couple of phone books on the floor board when you're up under the dash disconnecting/reconnecting the wires. It helped a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turnsignal switch.jpg (31.8 KB, 136 views)
--- \
Old 02-24-2002, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

do you know if that switch will work with an 83?
Old 02-24-2002, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'm sorry, that I do not know. I would call and ask a Porsche dealer giving him the part number I listed. Or you could call Tweeks (Porsche mail order company) and ask them.
--- \
Old 02-24-2002, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I found out that the part will fit, but in an effort to repeat your adventure ;-) let me ask you if you think that I am misdiagnosising my problem - my headlights work fine, and I can flash the high beams, but if I push the stalk forward, nothing happens. I think that I need a (your) switch, but want to make sure that is my issue - any thoughts?
Old 02-24-2002, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

It sounds to me that one of the connections within your switch is fused together not allowing the high/low beam to function. You could spare yourself from buying my switch perhaps by removing the steering wheel, then the clamshell that encloses the column and the switch. The connections are then easily visible. Then as you move the lever you can determine if any of the connections within the switch are fused together. If they are, you could spray some tuner cleaner (Radio Shack product) to un-stick them, then with an emory board, sand them to ensure a good connection. Test. Put back together. If your lights are stuck on high beam, or flicker from low to high beam; a stop-gap would be to put a piece of match book cover between the connections to eliminate high-beams all together. You might be able to do that without tearing down to the steering column. Good luck. Let me know if that helps.
--- \
Old 02-24-2002, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

thanks for the info - sounds to me like I'm going to simply do a pull out and plug in . . . so, please give me an email at kotlar@hotmail.com and let me know how you want to handle the finances - I'd be glad to send you a check, or let me know an alternative. Thanks - Adam
Old 02-25-2002, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: