Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-used-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   FS: 1988 Carerra sunroof parts - Dallas (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-used-parts-sale-wanted/705617-fs-1988-carerra-sunroof-parts-dallas.html)

Scott555 09-14-2012 11:13 PM

FS: 1988 Carerra sunroof parts - Dallas

Hi All,

I have removed the entire sunroof assembly from my '88 911 Carrera.

I will no longer have a need for these parts, but they are in such good shape and working order that I can't simply bin them. I have removed literally every part of the sunroof system...to include a very well maintained rockwell motor and gears. The roof portion moved smoothly from open to close and never leaked once, not even on accident. :)

I'm willing to split them up if you're in dire need, but would rather the whole lot of it go to a single person.

This would include the lid, air deflector, inner rails, the cableways that move the lid back and forth...the motor/bracket/gearset, any associated wiring in the roof area. And as an added bonus...the large "box" that held everything to the roof skin has been de-spotwelded, and can be included as well if the buyer wants it.

I have other miscellaneous parts that will be coming off soon, and I'll make another post for all that. This one is just about the "sunroof delete", and my selling all of the parts removed. (with care)

It's 2am and my friend Ambien stopped by to chat...so please overlook any brevity.

I'm located in Dallas, TX....I'm more than happy to meet locally, or I'll pack them well and send them to you, wherever you are, at your expense (of course)

I appreciate your time. Please email or PM with any questions.

Thanks,
Scott

pilot73 09-15-2012 02:55 AM

You have a pm

Scott555 09-15-2012 08:55 PM

I don't see any PMs Pilot...

oistein 09-16-2012 03:10 AM

FS: 1988 Carerra sunroof part

Price ?
Pictures ?

Regards Řistein

$ Short 09-16-2012 04:39 AM

Would like to see some pics of the sunroof delete. Also which method you chose (glue in, weld in panel, new roof). I have this project in the future.
Thanks, Kurt

Scott555 09-16-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oistein (Post 6978836)
Price ?
Pictures ?

Regards Řistein

Hello Řistein,

I'll get some pics up ASAP. I have no idea about the price. I realize that it's something I should set but I just want the stuff to have a good use/home,and get a little in return....not to collect Porsche tax. ;)

Scott555 09-16-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $ Short (Post 6978903)
Would like to see some pics of the sunroof delete. Also which method you chose (glue in, weld in panel, new roof). I have this project in the future.
Thanks, Kurt

I've been taking pictures of the process as best I can (working solo on this one)...I will put them up in a 'build thread' soon. I have a kevlar bond-in panel but I'm contemplating replacing the entire roof for the cleaner look, no drip rails, etc....

lee-dude 09-16-2012 10:02 AM

how much interested let me know,thanks gary.

lsf911 09-24-2012 03:42 PM

Scott,

Is the air deflector still available? If so, I am interested.