Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.71 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Here is a pic of an '80 -'83 harness I just finished for someone on the board. Special labeling as requested. (Yes, that is a Permatune adapter coming from the cdi connector)

Currently building a stock '79 harness for an insurance claim due to an engine fire... (Among others)
I'll post a pic of that one later.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Here's a picture of the stock '79 harness I just finished today for the guy that had a fuel related engine fire... Needed me to supply the "green wire" for the distributor as well.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
I want to post a big THANK YOU to a member here for the use of his '73.5 CIS engine harness.
Quite a bit different than the MFI harness. Also, the CDI harness is different.
I can now build the unique '73.5 harness but I will have to re-use your very unique cold start injector connector, as I have not found a compatible connector yet. (but I'm working on it)
Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Here's a picture of my in stock harnesses that I do not require your old harness for building a new one. (I clone these ones for you in about a week)

They include '73 MFI, '73.5 CIS, '78-'80 CIS, '81-'83 CIS, and '84-'86 EFI
('73.5 CIS I need connector as mentioned in above post)

I also have an '83 EFI injector harness, but will need your old 12 pin connector.
Currently cloning an '88 turbo and a '76-'77 CIS in the next few weeks.

I have sourced an aviation quality white, 2 wire coax for the 3 pin CDI's from '73.5 to '77 and can rebuild those as well. (The shield wire tends to fall apart with age)

Old 08-08-2013, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

This is great someone is doing this my harness is all brittle and cracked. I'm swapping to EFI ms-3 twin plugged with COP's so mine will be hybrid of that plus stock. Glad to know i can at least get all the boots for everything.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 08-09-2013, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Ken, I've built a number of custom harnesses for different systems like twin plugs and various ignition systems. If you need something made for you, let me know.

Dennis
Old 08-09-2013, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Just about finished an '88 Turbo Harness, have to wait for some Nomex sheathing for the wires that go to the left chain cover. Gets real hot there!
Here's a pic of it with everything but the final Nomex and connectors on the yellow and red wires you can see.
I have to say, this is the most complex harness I've built so far. Took almost twice as long to build and it sure uses a lot more parts too!

Old 08-11-2013, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
A special thanks goes out to CountD for allowing me to use his '77 harness to clone.
I have sourced an aviation grade coax white wire for the '73-'77 3 pin CDI wiring and it works really well and is better than the factory wire...

Here's a picture, sorry about the picture quality...

Old 08-13-2013, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

3.0L Harness

Dennis, I need a harness for a 79 3.0L motor. I am swapping out the 2.7L currently in my 74 Carrera for a 79 3.0L. The harness I got came with the motor from FLAT6PACnc it is a little ratty.
Please e-mail me at jamesdecordova@sbcglobal.net, and we can talk about how I go about acquiring a rebuilt harness from you.
We have the motor and are getting it ready for installation into the car.

Thanks
Jim
Old 08-16-2013, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Good talking to you Jim, your harness is next to be built after the '73 MFI I'm finishing up.
For some reason there seems to be a high demand for '79 harnesses lately. 3rd one in the last month or so...
Maybe they just don't last more than 34 years!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Here is Jim's new harness all done, custom wrapped in the fiberglass fire retardant sheathing as he asked for. Does look nicer than Factory Tape, doesn't it!

Old 08-20-2013, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

have you ever considered making custom harnesses for the front of cars?- I would love some information on a setup that changes the fuse box to accept new style fuses and one that cuts down on things I have eliminated from my car (like clock, cigarette lighter, ac...)
Old 08-20-2013, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Garage
Nice looking work! I spent quite a bit of time rebuilding my engine harness. Definitely not easy...
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
saxen,
There are ATO replacement fuse panels for sale here in the classifieds.
I may someday look at building other harness sections for our cars, but for now I am sticking mainly to engine harnesses as I have a full time job as an electrician and a family too!
I am willing to look at building a custom front harness, but I need the old one and a fair bit of time to source the parts to reconstruct one.

fanuadical,
Thanks for the kind words, Each harness is unique for all the different series or models and take at least 6-8 hours or more to reproduce. I usually spend one evening and a full weekend day on each one! The custom wrapped ones take even longer. If I were to bill at my normal wage the price for these would be almost what Porsche is asking, maybe more!
There are differences even within the years of a series like the SC. Some parts are difficult to find at a reasonable price.
For example, I do not supply the "green wire" for the distributor, but I run the coax and connector for the one our host sells.
I have recently informed some that have asked for early taillight harnesses of an OEM source that can supply them for about what I would charge to build them!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Someone asked if I can get the '84-'86 connectors for oil and temp.
I have sourced these connectors for the '84-'86 harnesses:
I can sell these connectors and terminals as a kit for about 1/2 of what the dealer will.

Last edited by timmy2; 09-06-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
New 3 pin CDI connector kit

For all you 3 pin CDI owners I am now making both the 3 pin plastic connector and the rubber boot for it.
I have also sourced a very nice white coax for the '73 to'77 style of CDI harness as mentioned a couple of posts ago. (Sell for $3 a meter)

The hard plastic connector is a pain to make, so I need a couple of days notice to make one if you want one.

I will include 3 new female Faston terminals if you want the "kit".

Price is $30 shipped for the kit in the US.

Last edited by timmy2; 09-06-2013 at 07:58 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Can you also build a double 8 pin cdi harness with separate rev-limiter? For twin spark engine.
Einar
Old 09-07-2013, 02:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Einar,
Send me a PM or an email and we can talk about it.

Dennis
Old 09-07-2013, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Winter is soon approaching, complete your project right with a new engine harness...
Old 09-13-2013, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)
1984 Porsche Carrera

Dennis have you actually made a 3.2 harness yet?

Nice work they all look fantastic?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: