Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.71 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Ozracer,
I have made the '84-'86 harness and have one on hand to make more from.
There is a picture of one in the middle of page 3.
Thanks,
Dennis
Old 09-14-2013, 01:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Just finished up a CDI harness for an early year car.
Working on restoring an early rear fuse panel including repairing the speed switch. (Pictures in post #84)

If you are thinking about a new harness or need repairs performed etc. send me a PM or email.
I will probably not be building any harnesses in December as I will be working on my own car, so if you want one for your winter project act soon.

Last edited by timmy2; 09-22-2013 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: added pctures in another post
Old 09-21-2013, 12:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Garage
Hey D. I have transplanted a 3.6L in my 86 Carrera to make matters (WIRES)
complicated I have a 95 motor with a 96-98 Varioram (INTAKE) harness
I have changed these wires twice is this something you will do? as of now MY DRUCK
PRESSURE GUAGE, AND TEMPRATURE GUAGE DO NOT WORK. HELP PLEASE
thanks

Alex
Old 09-21-2013, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Before:

After:

Old 09-22-2013, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Alex,
Send me an email or a PM with a lot more detail about what you have done so far, and what you would like built for you.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 09-22-2013, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
A '76 harness ready to go to a fellow Pelican that I built this weekend while surviving the crazy left overs of a typhoon that is currently drowning the Pacific Northwest....

Old 09-29-2013, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Custom CDI harness for another Pelican for a M&W CDI install with a jumper/adapter so the original Bosch CDI can be re-installed if needed.
Extra plug parts are for the installer to make the connections to the CDI box wiring and plug right into the harness.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Hey Dennis,
I'm getting my motor back soon (Mike really liked the harness btw) and I need some sheathing for the wire looms from the MSD boxes. I was thinking that fire resistant wrap you use might be good? Has to run up from back seat area through where original lambda harness ran.

Todd
Old 09-29-2013, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Hi Todd,
The wrap is a sleeve so you have to put it on before terminating. The picture of the adapter in post 87 was done with the fire resistant sleeving and 3M adhesive lined heat shrink. All other heat shrink will slide off of the sleeve.

Grainger sells it in different sizes and lengths other than the full rolls I buy.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
930T Owner

Garage
Dennis,

Not sure if you need one or not, but I am in process of doing an EFI setup in my '86 930. I wasn't sure if you've done a turbo harness for a 86 car or not, but you're welcome to use mine if you need a donor for a template?

Let me know sir, happy to contribute to the community.

P.S. - I sincerely hope at some point you'll consider taking on a front body harness to address so many of the shortfalls of the OEM wiring.

Thanks!

Chris.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
That's a great idea, Chris. Let me be the first to say, thanks. I may be putting my engine back to its original configuration and will need a new harness.

Are the sheaths on yours, brownish-beige?
If so, can the new harnesses be built that way?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-08-2013, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Chris,
Yes, I'd love to borrow it!
I'll PM you my shipping info.

Gotta love the members in this community.

Dave,
I currently only have black sheathing, but if absolutely needed I think I could source Beige.
I like the black better as it won't discolor like the beige does after a couple of years. (turns dark brown especially on the turbo due to heat)
Wrapped in fiberglass would look even better!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
That's a great idea, Chris. Let me be the first to say, thanks. I may be putting my engine back to its original configuration and will need a new harness.

Are the sheaths on yours, brownish-beige?
If so, can the new harnesses be built that way?
Just a note, The original harnesses were grey, they turn brown/tan with age and heat. As per Jeff Bowlsby, the 914 harness builder that has been at it for years.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Here's a picture of a small wiring project I made this weekend for someone that is doing some custom ignition control work for their car.
It is an injector harness that will plug in to their controller system wiring. He will terminate the wiring on his end with the connector in the bag.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

2nd what Hams930T says... = make a new harness for the front of the cars to address the wiring issues w/ gages & headlites & fuse panels...
I'll be the mule if u want...pm or email me at bobf@design-associates-ne.com thx, bob
Old 10-14-2013, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 tweaks View Post
2nd what Hams930T says... = make a new harness for the front of the cars to address the wiring issues w/ gages & headlites & fuse panels...
I'll be the mule if u want...pm or email me at bobf@design-associates-ne.com thx, bob
I've been getting a number of requests for complete car harnesses and I am considering it very, very carefully... (Did I say Very enough?)

I do have a full time day job, so this takes up a lot of my "free" time.

I am slowly teaching my son (who is still in high school) how to build the harnesses, so as he learns and gets good at it, perhaps I/we will be able to take on larger projects like entire harnesses....

I have this entire front section harness as well as the tunnel section right now to recondition from an early car. So, I'm getting closer to considering expanding into building other harness areas...

Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Yee Gads

Dennis,
This looks like it could have come from my pictures!!!! All going out today via USPS..

thanks
Old 10-15-2013, 04:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Built a '77 turbo harness and a clone so I will have one as a pattern for the early turbo cars.
'76 Turbo Harness will be coming soon.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)
Project Addicted

Dennis, I have a full 87 harness from the ecu back and including the wires that go into the frunk that we just pulled out this weekend. We upgraded the 3.2 to a 3.6 and the new engine came with the full harness. Is this the one you need for cloning?

1966 912
1976 911 3.4 Backdate Project
1986 944
Old 10-23-2013, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Yes, it is definitely a harness I could use for cloning.
'87-'89 are the same and I haven't had one to do yet.
They are getting older though.
PM or email me if you want to loan it to me for a while.
Thanks,
Dennis
Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: