Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.71 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Building SC and Mid Year Engine Harnesses

Is your engine harness falling apart, mangled by a PO or hard and crusty?

Or, are you installing a custom fuel delivery system and want to clean up the look of your engine harness?

I am now building early year and SC replacement engine harnesses for custom order. Contact me for other years or harness sections.

*** Now building '84-'86 Carrera Engine Harness (in Black wrap) with all the correct connectors for $425 shipped***
(Picture on page 3)

I can build your Harness in stock configuration or customize it as requested.
Pricing will vary based on the type and style of the harness. (examples below)

A basic carburator style harness with all of the CIS and Bosch CDI wiring deleted will run $325 Shipped in the Cont US including Paypal fees.

A complete '74 to '83 OEM style harness that includes all CIS and CDI wiring, will be $575 shipped in the Cont US including Paypal fees.

A '73 MFI harness with CDI is $425

(Anything in between, will be priced in between!)

This includes: New Engine Tin Grommet, Reverse Plug Boot, CDI Connector Boot and Alternator Grommet. (I cast them myself) All wire and connectors are new.

Optional: for $75 more, I will wrap the harness using Fire resistant fiberglass sleeving, and 3M adhesive lined Heat shrink at all loom branches. (Great look)

Additional wiring services for your different harnesses are available. (Bitz kit etc.)

For the best accuracy for your car, I may need your old engine harness shipped to me.

Turn around time should be 2 weeks max after I receive your harness. (usually within a week back to you from receipt)

PM me or E-mail at powellgillam@hotmail.com for more information.
Or powell3080@gmail.com if I don't respond due to hotmails new "filters"...

I've been an electrician for 30+ years working in industry. (not wiring houses!) I have the correct tools for crimping all of the special connectors.

Here's a picture of a custom Bitz kit install harness, tagged and wrapped ready to be shipped.

And here's a picture of a harness being built using an original, OEM unused harness as a model.

Last edited by timmy2; 07-17-2013 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Lowered OEM pricing, Added Carrera Price.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Engine wire harness........

Dennis,

I'll take one for my '78 SC projects. PM me the cost shipped to 19401. Start making also for the late SC's and I'll take one too later.

Tony

Last edited by boyt911sc; 03-27-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

This is really great. There is a great need for these. I hope you do very well.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Tony, sent you a PM and an email.
Give me a call
Old 03-27-2013, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Just received a '76 Turbo Harness to build. Some interesting differences in the layout.
It's going to built in factory style, so I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Last edited by timmy2; 04-18-2013 at 11:53 PM..
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Just received mine. Looks great!! It will be some time before it's installed.

Todd
Old 03-31-2013, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
NLA Rubber

Just thought I'd post a picture of the rubber parts of the harness that are NLA.

I'm making them, they look good and work just like the factory ones. (Fuzzy bits are from the molds and can be pulled off)

Reverse Connector Boot, CDI Connector Boot, Engine tin to Harness Grommet, and the Fan Shroud to Alternator Grommet.

$50 a set + shipping, if you want them to rebuild your own harness.

Now available,

'84-'86 Special Rubber Harness 10" long sleeve with molded grommet and mounting clamp ridges just like the factory ones.
I don't believe these are available anywhere separately from the harness.

$20 each + shipping.

Picture on Page 3.

Last edited by timmy2; 07-17-2013 at 10:21 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Interested, I'll PM you
Old 04-05-2013, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Here's a pic of the '76 Turbo Harness built to OEM style. Almost ready to ship.
(apologys for poor cell phone pic)

Old 04-05-2013, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD911T View Post
Interested, I'll PM you
No PM received.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
1984 Porsche Carrera

timmy interested in your rubber parts would these be the same for an 84 carrera?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozracer View Post
timmy interested in your rubber parts would these be the same for an 84 carrera?
Hi ozracer,

I can't say yes, I don't have one handy to look at..
I also can't imagine a big difference in these parts.
The only thing that may be different is the CDI connector boot.
Mine is made for the 6 pin Bosch CDI connector. '78 to ?

If you take a look at your car's rear tin and reverse connector grommets, I'll bet they are the same. (CDI connector boot too?) I'm sure the Shroud to Alt grommet is the same.

I'm making a fresh batch of all 4 tonight. Takes 24 hours with my old school technique of hand casting them!
Old 04-06-2013, 01:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Nice. Selling a boot for the thermotime switch would be good as these become brittle and crack.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Thermo switch boot:
Found it, available from our host, listed as a 914 reverse switch boot, but also listed as a temperature switch cover under later year 911's in the parts diagrams under more information.
914-613-491-00
Pelican Parts - Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche & BMW

Guess I need to buy some for the Factory harnesses...
There's a picture of one at auto atlanta.

Last edited by timmy2; 04-06-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Dennis made a harness for me with customization based on Bitz EFI and a future EDIS system. Not only did he make a great harness, but he kept me in touch the whole time with his intentions, he listened to my suggestions concerning how to customize it, and he went above and beyond as far as labeling and pinout information. I'll get a picture of it installed when I finally get to that point, but I'm sure that it will integrated smoothly.

This is one of those increasingly needed services, it's great that he has taken up the challenge.

1980 911SC sunroof coupe, silver/black: The Wurster
2006 Mazda3 5 door, M-speed exhaust: The Ricer
Putting the sick back into sycophant!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Thanks Mike, You'll always be my first...

You are right about the need, I've finished 4 and I'm working on the fifth with a couple more headed my way, and a few more interested parties in the queue.

I should receive my first early year harness for a '73 MFI soon. It will be interesting to see the differences.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
1976 Turbo Carrera Engine Harness

Hi Dennis,

I just received my engine harness! It looks, feels and smells great. I will let you know when I get it installed...after some more upfixen of the engine, interior and paint.

Thanks again,

Rahl
Old 04-12-2013, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356911930 View Post
Hi Dennis,

I just received my engine harness! It looks, feels and smells great. I will let you know when I get it installed...after some more upfixen of the engine, interior and paint.

Thanks again,

Rahl
LOL,
I really tried to keep the old greasy smelly one you wanted back seperate from the nice new one...
Old 04-13-2013, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
1984 Porsche Carrera

timmy for 50 bucks ill take a punt how do i order mate?
Old 04-13-2013, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Sent you a PM and email

Quote:
timmy for 50 bucks ill take a punt how do i order mate?

Last edited by timmy2; 04-13-2013 at 07:29 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: