Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wtb: 911 engine computer

Hi to all. I have a project car and I want to get it going. the top was open and it rained on the computer killing it. at least that's what the guy said when he sold it to me. so im looking for a known good motronic part number 964.618.124.03
im not made of money so if you think its worth over 1k its best u keep it. im looking for a good deal. thanks
the car is a 1991 911 c2 with a triptronic trans.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

no body?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sorry, I don't have one. But are you sure you current ECU is dead ?
Maybe you should start there before you throw new parts at it, especially if money is tight.
Did you check the connections ? Any trace of damage or corrosion on the board or plugs ?
What are the symptoms ?

I think you should post in the technical forums first, lots of knowledgeable people there who might be able to help you.
Put your location in your profile, it can help find local people with the right tools or parts to swap.

There's some info here about the motronic interface :
Information on the Porsche 964 OBD Motronic interface

The following page shows you how to read check engine codes without a tool (US cars only) :
Durametric Software - How to read fault codes on Porsche 964
It could tell you if the ECU is at least alive or not.

Good luck with your project.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

Got one, 964.618.124.03, $500.00.,+ Shipping & PayPal fees., Stef.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks

Thank you tabasco. Great info! I have updated my location(cape coral florida). And im very sure its dead. I'm also sure that's not the end of all my problems but one step at a time.
This car got rained on (Florida has a very wet raining season) and the computer being located under the seat got completely wet. I'm a auto mechanic by trade and I'm very good with electrical(at least i think so).
I did remove the ecu and there is lots of components that are rusted away. so my first step is to get a computer that i can like you mention communicate with and get codes to further help me in getting this car up and running. Unce again thank for the advice.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Try and contact and send the ECU to ischmitz screen name. Maybe he can bring it back to life.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
dme , ecu , motronic