Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1974 911 2.7 911/92 Engine Project Package (Northern California Pickup only)

Hello

This is my parts collection for hot rod 2.7 engine. I went with a 3.6 instead.

Engine is a 1974 2.7 CIS 911/92 Case 901.101.101.7R

I got this motor from a local seller in Folsom, CA a few years ago. He had upgraded to a 3.2. The motor has been rebuilt by a San Franciso Porsche shop about ~10 years ago but I have misplaced receipt. Engine has Mahle Euro 2.7 cylinders/pistons instead of US CIS. Head studs inserts and the cylinder have nice cross hatch but looks like it was running very rich from carbon on pistons. Engine was stored indoors by prev owner and myself. I cleaned it up a bit and tore down top end for inspection. Per previous owner leaked oil a bit but ran good.

I am asking $2900 for everything you see in photos and Youtube video. For delivery I will meet anybody in Northern California half way. I will not ship at this point. I am located near Roseville, CA. If nobody wants the whole lot I will consider parting later. If you think my price is too high let me know your offer and why you think my price is too high. Send me a PM with your phone# if you want to talk about the sale of this engine to you only

More detail and photos below, sorry about iPhone 4 photos but YouTube video should give you a pretty good ideal of whats here. I can take better detailed photos of specfic items on request.

Photo Gallery on Skydrive

YouTube Video

Other than the engine and its parts (including CDI/Coil/Dizzy) the following extra parts are included.

JE 90mm pistons (in addition to Euro Mahle P&C's currently installed)
Purchased from Pelican seller a few years ago. 10.5:1 pistons with new ring set from EBS and set of OEM Porsche cylinder sealing rings and large variety of cylinder base copper rings

Twin Plug Heads (in addition to original heads)
Purchased from same seller. I had them refreshed by a local Sacramento Machine shop ($675 receipt below). Titanium keepers and new springs from EBS Valves 46&40, ports 36 and 36.

8 2.7 cylinders.
Roundness/condition checked by my machine shop. There a at least 3 of each height group. Usable condition

Additional Bosch coil, from a MFI 2.4 I remember'ish

Whats not included or missing:

Camshafts, Induction System, Sheet metal, flywheel

Old 01-04-2014, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
PM sent
Old 01-05-2014, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Do you still have these engine parts for sale?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
2.7 , engine , sale