Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsha View Post
I had a bad taste in my mouth right from the beginning of this.
And this venue is for selling USED items.

yep. taken directly from the classified sticky posted by wayne:

- No new parts allowed, unless you specifically clear it with me first. Exceptions are if you have one or two small trinkets left over in a box from a long time ago. Selling more than quantity one of a new item is prohibited.
He is.... nineball. I don't always drive sports cars, but when I do I drive a 1983 911SC Targa. Stay fast my friends.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
this really is regrettable on several levels.

several of us asked whether the posters were available separately and the answer was 'no.'

the "location" of "eatbtreathedrive" is listed as Nevada, but the posters were sent from some place in europe, and the tracking information is in some apparently slavic language, which makes it difficult to actually track the shipment, which was allegedly sent more than 3 weeks ago (Feb 1).

the forum isn't supposed to allow multiple new items to be sold because it understandably directly competes with the host, yet that restriction was circumvented by alleging the posters to be 're-prints.'

now it turns out that the posters were not some special re-print but commonly available for a dollar each from the host.

sorry, 'eatbreathedrive,' but this behavior is really questionable.

do you propose to make it right? if so, how?

Last edited by mshaver51; 02-27-2014 at 09:09 AM..
Old 02-27-2014, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

His location says New York and i think he is shipping from Turkey, Istanbul or so.
It would have been helpful if he would have updated his location.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

I just left my local dealership who had actually forgotten about these so they ordered a bunch and will call me when my FREE posters come in
Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
eatbreathedrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
this really is regrettable on several levels.

several of us asked whether the posters were available separately and the answer was 'no.'

the "location" of "eatbtreathedrive" is listed as Nevada, but the posters were sent from some place in europe, and the tracking information is in some apparently slavic language, which makes it difficult to actually track the shipment, which was allegedly sent more than 3 weeks ago (Feb 1).

the forum isn't supposed to allow multiple new items to be sold because it understandably directly competes with the host, yet that restriction was circumvented by alleging the posters to be 're-prints.'

now it turns out that the posters were not some special re-print but commonly available for a dollar each from the host.

sorry, 'eatbreathedrive,' but this behavior is really questionable.

do you propose to make it right? if so, how?
Have you read this ?

In any case, buyers who are reading these, are unhappy with their purchase in any shape of form upon receiving the items i.e condition, packaging etc. I'm offering full refunds if they decide to return the cargo completely. And if they are happy with their items, they are also welcome here to say so.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

I just left my local dealership who had actually forgotten about these so they ordered a bunch and will call me when my FREE posters come in
Old 02-27-2014, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
eatbreathedrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 964TargaC2 View Post
It's good to know you can get them for free and we can't over here.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsha View Post
I had a bad taste in my mouth right from the beginning of this.
And this venue is for selling USED items.
Wholeheartedly Agreed. This is an example of a misrepresentation by omission. I don't think they adhere to or have any regard for copyright where the seller says he is currently working.

IMO Runs of T shirts, Art work & paintings, should all be in Misc items F/S, not the parts section.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
eatbreathedrive

Let's refund them in full Because I have the means to do so and have the heart to do what's right.

Last edited by eatbreathedrive; 02-27-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Old 02-27-2014, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
eatbreathedrive

Buyers, be kind to confirm your e-mail addresses and pm them to me.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatbreathedrive View Post
Let's refund them in full Because I have the means to do so and have the heart to do what's right.
Good on ya
Old 02-27-2014, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
eatbreathedrive

All buyers have been refunded in full.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
USAF VET

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatbreathedrive View Post
All buyers have been refunded in full.
Classy move.

MattR
Old 02-27-2014, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
eatbreathedrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt930s View Post
Classy move.

MattR
Appreciate it.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Now that this is over.....Can the posters be bought on this site?

They are cool.

Thanks,
Leonard

Instagram / UberPorsche930
Old 02-27-2014, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

. They say "reprint 2013" on them, and have the following part numbers:

WSRC140109S200, WSRC140110S200, WSRC140111S200, WSRC140112S200, WSRC140113S200.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: