Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

The Seats

I was really hating you before you opened up and told that very intimate story. It is indeed a great story and an absolutely incredible car.

If these are the original seats from the car, they belong in the car. Do not, i repeat DO NOT sell those seats at any price. The car looks to be original, the exterior color is perfect. Don't change a thing on the car.

there are some 911s that just shouldn't be ripped apart and/or altered and this in my opinion is one of those.

Take your time and do what you can as funds allow. You'd be amazed what you can accomplish while spending little to no money. Start by getting to know the car. wash, clean and detail the car. and spend the rest of your time here on the forum building your mechanical knowledge of the car. This will save you money when you're ready to start buying the parts necessary to get her running.

This Forum is one of the best i have ever had the pleasure of being a member. There is always someone here willing to help. Don't be afraid to ask for help. The other thousands of members here are just as eager to get your car running as you are.

Your passion and the collective passion of the members of the Pelican Forums will ensure that you'll get her running, just be patient.

I'll be looking forward to updates.

Good luck...
Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Great looking car with a great story. As other have said, KEEP THE SEATS, you will regret it in the future if you sell them, even if you want to fit racing seats in it now wrap those originals up and store them away.

Good luck with getting it running, and try to find some other like minded 911 guys in your area who may be able to help get it running without spending too much $
Old 07-17-2014, 12:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Keep the seats original as many are too quick to recover (the leather on yours looks good and those are a rare color). No one the planet today can match Porsche/Recaro's original craftsmanship. The 74-80 Porsche sport seats are the ultimate in comfort and design.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
911SC Tinkerer

Sell them now and pay more to get the "originals" back later. The car will never be stock as you remembered it if you start selling stuff.

Fix what you can on your budget. Take your time. You will have the car for a long time, make the best of it.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Wonderful car and great colour!

I will go with the opinion of the others... Don't sell the seats.
Go to the 911 technical forum here on Pelican and introduce yourself and I would bet that there are a few local, knowledgeable pelicans that will help you get a base plan to get that special car running. It might not be too bad! Start a thread on the tech forum to document your adventures in getting it running.

When I saw the asking price on those seats, I would have snapped them up in a heartbeat.

Best of luck and welcome to the madness! Beware of the slippery slope...
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Do not sell those.

These cars take time to reveal themselves and for you to learn. 10 years and counting and my car still surprises me and I learn something new with every project. So since you can't rush some things, be patient and all will be well.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Behind the Sun

Fantastic car with a story story behind it.

Don't sell anything that belongs to the car.

Please preserve it. Take your time make some P friends that can help you.

Good luck with the long term project and let me know if I can help you in any way.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

After much deliberation, I have decided to keep the seats with the car. The members on here have very kindly enlightened me to what is really important for the car, and sometimes things do just take time, I just hope not too terribly much. I will be keeping the seats safe indoors for now, and the beater seat will serve its duty as I make progress on the car. I will keep the seats as originals to honor the car, yet I did already remove the leather from the dash as it was beyond repair, and the footwell carpet and rear deck carpet was removed as well. What remains for carpet is the tunnel, front quarter pieces, and door jambs.

I would like to thank every one of you who responded to the ad in kind, AND the ones who did not, because it's good to keep people in check, and what transpired with the advertisement was wrong of me. I've been a member of close to thirty car forums, and this one by far is best I've encountered in terms of class, knowledge, and most of all, tremendous amounts of care and concern.

photo photo110_zps6522beac.jpg

photo photo27_zpsde120320.jpg

Last edited by stratofortress; 07-17-2014 at 04:37 PM..
Old 07-17-2014, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Apply some leatherique or other leather lotion before storing to preserve the leather. The seats are pretty rare especially in it's original condition.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Wow..

Fantastic color combo - in a sea of red, white, black, and silver air cooled 911's, bright blue with brown is fantastic.

That SC needs to be brought back to proper driving form and cherished (keep the seats).

SC's were way undervalued for many years, people are finally waking up and interesting ones bring decent coin these days...
Old 07-17-2014, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Good idea keeping the seats. I was getting all pissed reading about you and the car knowing I was in the for sale section! Glad you'r keeping them
Old 07-17-2014, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: