Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: 1978-1980 911 SC Sport Seats

Selling a pair of dark brown leather sport seats from a 1980 SC with ~90k miles. These have the tilt "lever" not the "knob." Sliders and hardware are in excellent working condition. Driver side bolster showing some discoloration from wear, but no tears anywhere on either seat. Located in Atlanta, GA. Will ship at buyers expense.

THESE ARE NO LONGER FOR SALE (Please read post #28)

photo photo33_zpsfe6d5dd2.jpg

photo photo24_zps52ae2daa.jpg

Last edited by stratofortress; 08-18-2014 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: I misjudged the value of the item.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Behind the Sun

Really good deal.

Hopefully go to an enthusiast that needs them and not a flipper that will resell in flebay for 5k.

GLWS
Old 07-16-2014, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
MJEMotorsports

I'll take them. PM already sent.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Wow smoking deal.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Ok holy Jesus, I'm getting tons of offers over $1000 on these things. Seriously guys, how much do these typically go for?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

OK, I grossly miscalculated the value of these folks. I'm seriously not looking to rip anybody off or anything, but I'm going to have to pump the brakes on the sale for now until I figure out what to do with them.

Last edited by stratofortress; 07-16-2014 at 02:30 PM..
Old 07-16-2014, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Very valuable since it looks to be original and does not need recovering and comes with sliders. $5K is fair in todays market.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
abides.

Garage
They could probably turn out quite nice with some cleaning and treatment, but 5k seems a little high to me...
Old 07-16-2014, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Ebay
Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
In mint condition they are not worth $5K.
R Gruppe #631
Early S Registry # 1825

1973E Coupe
Old 07-16-2014, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

$2-2.5k, value is based on what resto costs are, excellent ones maybe $4k- a few are listed on eBay for $5k but they have been 4 sale forever
Old 07-16-2014, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Pm sent
Old 07-16-2014, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Wait a minute

Someone already said he would pay the asking price of $1000.00.

Hours later the seller says, OOOOPPPs ??

WTF ??
Old 07-16-2014, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Speedy Gonzalez

Garage
Rear seat cushions

Intrested in selling the rear seat bottom cushions? if so have any photos?Thanks TonyG
Old 07-16-2014, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
someone already said he would pay the asking price of $1000.00.

Hours later the seller says, ooooppps ??

Wtf ??
fng

Any guesses as to whether or not our new member is taking offers offline?

"Life is hard; it's harder when you're stupid." - John Wayne
Old 07-16-2014, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Pretty obvious Stratofortress should have done more research before posting. But ultimately the multiple offers and background bidders offering more than the ask are a symptom of the marketplace. It would take a strong character to stick to his first asking price and take the licks for a lack of research.
Overall seems lime MJE is the real looser here, but that's part and parcel of the hobby these days.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Gentlemen, those of you who expressed your concern about not honoring my price...

Imagine, if you will, you are 28 and just acquired a 1980 911 that you first sat in at your uncle's house when you were 8 years old. Every year I visited him I also secretly visited the 911 in the basement garage. I never quite knew what color the car was as it was always dark, and the car hasn't seen sunlight in over 18 years. The first car I rowed through the gears on a stick shift, the first sports car I ever sat in, the first Porsche I ever touched. The car that essentially spring-boarded me into this horribly unhealthy addiction that all of us here have to experience something unearthly in human transportation.

The car, even twenty years later, consumed my mind. One day earlier this year, I was feeling particularly frisky and made a cheeky offer to my uncle for his 911, knowing very well he wouldn't accept it. It was like I woke up and knew what I had to do, like it was an impulse. I knew he kept it as an ode to his most fun and free years, to those good times in life you can't help but hope you'll have again. Being the wonderfully nice person he is, he wholeheartedly accepted my humble offer, promising to cherish it for the rest of my life, to have it up and running one day soon so that he can drive it again, because I know that's what I would want myself. Seeing it being towed out of the garage (the brake pistons were stuck to the rotors) and seeing it in sunlight for the first time, even with 18 years of patina, I actually cried, and then I hugged him.

Now, I am in the midst of getting this car ready to diagnose, to see if the engine rotates by hand. If so, I have quite a few things to tend to to get it moving on its own as I stated in my edit on my first post. I sit in it everyday just like I did when I was 8, except now in a cheap, decrepit & decade old Sparco seat. But now, I have this new excitement, and can almost feel the wind on my arm driving in the North Georgia mountains just like my uncle did in the 80s.

I want more than anything to have this car running again, and unfortunately my pockets aren't necessarily deep enough to justify having a 911 right now, but I am anyway, because when I look back when I'm my uncles age, I can say I did something not only for me, but for someone who's given me one of the greatest gift a lifer automotive addict could dream of.

Yes, a couple thousand dollars will make a huge difference for me right now, to finance bringing this beauty to life, and I hope you all can understand that.

18 years of dust...
 photo photo2_zps14b4393e.jpg

all washed away...
 photo photo13_zps1b7477e0.jpg
Old 07-16-2014, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Regis turd ab user

If those seats are original to the car you might want to reconsider selling them. As you can see they won't be getting cheaper or more available and the condition is very good. Original and correct cars are very desirable and valuable and yours has personal history. It's your call though.

David
Old 07-16-2014, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
You are entitled to make a mistake as you learn the ropes of the forum boards. If those seats came with the car DO NOT SELL. You will regret it later.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Stratofortress do not sell those seats ! They are original to the car and they must stay with the car. Yeah you didnt research this thing properly but you have a context now and a reason not to sell. Your uncle gave you the car because he knew you would drive it. This is an amazing community and perhaps some Pelicans local to you would be willing to help figure out exactly what you need to do to get your car back on the road.
Post in tech and don't be afraid to ask. SC looks sharp, get it back on the road !
At the end of the day, get help first from someone who knows 911s then figure out what $ you need.

Last edited by sm70911; 07-16-2014 at 07:16 PM..
Old 07-16-2014, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: