Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
FS 993 Engine >DME Harness

This is virtually a new factory 993 harness,not a 20 year old one or one out of a wreck that has been sitting in a junk yard. I, bought this harness for my cup car in 2012 since they do not make cup harnesses anymore. There is no more than 25 hours on the motor since. I just found a new cup car harness in Germany so this is for sale. If memory serves me right, I paid around $700 for this. Pipe in if I'm wrong. I'll sell this for $375 including shipping within CUS

Old 09-27-2014, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Interested.
Is this for a 96 and up vario engine ROW or US or..?
Please post the part nr and specify from which engine. Also could you please post couple of better pictures so I can see all the connectors?
Thanks
Old 09-27-2014, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

wire harness

also interested if for a 95 993 3.6 engine..

thanks,
harry
Old 09-27-2014, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Harness

Here are more pics and part #'s visible
FYI. The red tape on one of the leads is a jumper for euro non-a/c cars and cup cars so the Motronic doesn't keep looking for the a/c. It just unplugs

Old 09-27-2014, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

That is the part nr of the Motronic connector housing. The part nr of the wiring harness is usualy on a white label wrapped around the wiring itself.
Know by chance if it is a pre 96 or 96 and up?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Please chi part number for your application. When I purchased this from porsche I ordered a stock 1995 993 3.6l harness then spent over a year trying to solve why it didn't work on a cup car. If you have a factory electrical wiring diagram, it shows the jumper on Euro non A/C cars
So this harness will work on all US cars (with jumper unplugged) AND any Supercup or Euro race car in its current setup
Old 09-27-2014, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Tag gone. Checked my receipts and I no longer have. I can probably pull it of the PET at the shop Monday if no one buys it this weekend
Old 09-27-2014, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage

The coding plug is used to differentiate and select the DME coding for RoW w/ cat, RoW w/o cat or US version w/ SAI(not AC)
RoW will have no plug installed
M150 RoW w/o cat will have a 1kΩ plug part# 944.612.492.00
US will have a wire harness to ground

The reason it doesn't work as is on a Cup is that the Cup has no MAF sensor but rather uses MAP sensor to evaluate fuel needs, I don't' have the Cup wire diagram so can't tell you which pins do what on the Cup.

There is only 1 55 pin wire harness for all '95 and all RoW n/a through '98, it has the connections for either the vram or non vram intakes and so can be used on any 55pin motor( all '95 and all RoW through '98), These cars all have 55pin connectors and are used w/ OBD1 compliant DMEs except for the Cup and RSR.

all turbo and all US from '96(which is when US got vram) have a different harness w/ 88 pin connector and have DME which is OBD2 compliant
Old 09-27-2014, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

email sent thanks Bert
R 2.5 Twin Plug
Old 09-27-2014, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
SOLD
TKS
Will ship Monday morning
Old 09-28-2014, 04:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Verburg View Post

The coding plug is used to differentiate and select the DME coding for RoW w/ cat, RoW w/o cat or US version w/ SAI(not AC)
RoW will have no plug installed
M150 RoW w/o cat will have a 1kΩ plug part# 944.612.492.00
US will have a wire harness to ground

The reason it doesn't work as is on a Cup is that the Cup has no MAF sensor but rather uses MAP sensor to evaluate fuel needs, I don't' have the Cup wire diagram so can't tell you which pins do what on the Cup.

There is only 1 55 pin wire harness for all '95 and all RoW n/a through '98, it has the connections for either the vram or non vram intakes and so can be used on any 55pin motor( all '95 and all RoW through '98), These cars all have 55pin connectors and are used w/ OBD1 compliant DMEs except for the Cup and RSR.

all turbo and all US from '96(which is when US got vram) have a different harness w/ 88 pin connector and have DME which is OBD2 compliant

A master mechanic I'm not, but here is what we did so is this what you say?

Old 09-29-2014, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hello,
which pins on the ecu is this plug connector?
Further, for ROW, are the pins bridged or just left open?

Edit:
Checked my spare harness, seems it is from 94.
How was this function/plug done before 95?

thanks
Falk

Last edited by Falk930; 10-12-2014 at 12:24 AM..
Old 10-11-2014, 11:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: