Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: Space Saver Spare Wheel/Tire

In good shape. The backside looks nearly perfect, the front has some cosmetic scratches. I gave it a quick wipe before the pictures but it will definitely clean up better than it is now. Tire is unused, see the rubber 'fingers' in the picture.

Looking for $100 plus shipping. I'll drive to meet someone in the ATL area for delivery.

Last edited by MongooseGA; 10-30-2014 at 08:47 PM..
Old 10-30-2014, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I may have an interest in the spare tire. Can you inflate it to determine the outside diameter of the wheel as inflated? If it is the right size for my car, I'll take it.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Good question. I will check to see if it's marked on the sidewall first. This may sound really dumb, but I'm not sure how to deflate it/collapse it once it's been filled.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The sidewall is marked 165-15///4.75/10.00-15.

Does that tell you anything?

Old 10-31-2014, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks for your reply. The sidewall just tells you its a 15" diameter rim and the tire width is 165. That will work on my car......but, the outside diameter of the inflated tire is the information needed. My tires are right at 25 inches. So, I'm looking for a spare that is about that diameter.

To deflate one of these spares, you have to screw out the valve core. As the air leaves the tire, it will suck itself in. If you do not have a valve core removal tool, then just use the blade of a screwdriver to depress the valve stem. You'll just have to continue to hold the screwdriver in place until the tire fully deflates.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by earossi View Post
Thanks for your reply. The sidewall just tells you its a 15" diameter rim and the tire width is 165. That will work on my car......but, the outside diameter of the inflated tire is the information needed. My tires are right at 25 inches. So, I'm looking for a spare that is about that diameter.

To deflate one of these spares, you have to screw out the valve core. As the air leaves the tire, it will suck itself in. If you do not have a valve core removal tool, then just use the blade of a screwdriver to depress the valve stem. You'll just have to continue to hold the screwdriver in place until the tire fully deflates.
Ernie,

Yes, it was the sucking itself back in that I wasn't sure of. I just inflated and deflated it (that's pretty fun to watch happen) and the outside diameter is right at 25" (tread to tread).

Tire seems to still be nice and soft. Had no issues inflating or deflating. Held air fine.

If you want this, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my paypal info.

G.A.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

G.A.

OK. I would be interested in the spare if you can sell it to me for $100 shipped. I live in zip code 60540.

Thanks.

Ernie
Old 11-02-2014, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

You've got a PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Is this still for sale?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPJ914 View Post
Is this still for sale?
No. I purchased the spare.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: