Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

FS: LED Brake PCBs - Round and Square LED Configuration

FS: LED Brake PCBs
Have multiple sets of round and square LED brake lights for the 911/912/930. These are custom designed to fit into the cavity of the existing brake light and are much brighter than existing bulb; Running lights (5x); Brake lights (3x).

These brake boards have 48 LEDs arranged in either a circular or rectangular pattern. Both have same intensity, same price, same fit.

Fits model years 69-89.

Kit includes:
2 LED Brake PCBs w/4 pinch clips
2 Position frames to properly set the PCBs
7/64 inch allen key to tighten pinch clips
Extra pinch clip and cap head screw

Price (USD):
CONUS: $90/pair + $10 shipping = $100
Canada: $90/pair + $25 shipping = $115
ROW: $90/pair + shipping determined at time of purchase

Round LED Pattern

Square LED Pattern

Position frame installed

LED Brake Board installed

Comparison clip of standard bulb (passenger side) and LED PCB (driver side) as reflection off of the garage door.

INSTALLATION:
These are plug and play. Here's a clip of the installation of a PCB. Took about 3 minutes.

The boards are plug-n-play.
1 Remove lens;
2 remove bulb;
3 place the board frame in the brake cavity with feet out towards the board (it positions the board in place);
4 Loosen the 4 screws so the pins on the pinch clips are flush with the board.
5 plug the board's pigtail into the socket;
6 Test the running and brake lights to make sure the socket is making good contact; Wiggle the wire; If the LEDs flicker, clean the socket again.
7 Install the board in the cavity; Holding the board with the loose wire grip, work the PCB into the cavity making sure the pinch clips clear the sides of the cavity.
8 Try to seat the outside of the PCB on the outside feet of the board frame until it rests against the board frame
9 Push the inside of the PCB against the inside feet of the board frame.
10 tighten screws to set the board in place
11 replace lens.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I like the look of these- guessing you do paypal?
Old 10-02-2015, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

they're a NICE upgrade and easy to install -- very well engineered kit -- he does take paypal too
Old 10-02-2015, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
PM sent...
Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Coram Deo

Garage
First quality Pelican community stuff here. I bought and am impressed with the intelligence of the product. They are bright. I do kind of wish I went for the round ones though. You can pick out the individual LEDs in the rectangular ones- a bit of a modern look.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglophone1 View Post
I like the look of these- guessing you do paypal?
Yes, I do paypal. PM sent. Your sig says you're in Ireland. No problem shipping international.

Only thing I've run into with international is shipping is not cheap. FedEx/UPS/others don't seem to have a slow way to ship with tracking. If anyone knows of an economical way to ship international, I'm all ears.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
US Postal Service International is the cheapest way to ship overseas.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoni510 View Post
US Postal Service International is the cheapest way to ship overseas.
I used USPS once to Europe. The shipment got stuck in customs in Germany and we couldn't locate it. After about 6 weeks, the purchaser contacted customs and found the package there.

USPS can only track to the US border. After that there's no tracking.

As the purchaser, I would ship to your request.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Sent you a paypal for 2x sets round LEDs
C
Old 10-04-2015, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Sent you a PM for 1 round set.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
I would like a pair of round ones. Please email me your Paypal address.

Santagrant@gmail.com
Old 10-04-2015, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Sent a PM for two sets, at least one round.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

do these work for the 964?
Old 10-04-2015, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Which is brighter when brakes applied-round or square?
Please PM Paypal info.
Thanks,
Bill
Old 10-06-2015, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoldricex View Post
do these work for the 964?
I'm not an expert in 911 lineage so not sure about 964 compatibility. If the lens comes off like the older 911's, the LED boards might work. If the light bulbs plug in through the back of the fixture like modern cars, then no the board would not fit. I would have to rely on other folks knowledge of the differences in tail light fixtures.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinnch View Post
Which is brighter when brakes applied-round or square?
Please PM Paypal info.
Thanks,
Bill
Both configurations have the same number of LEDs running the same currents, same schematic, same BOM, same price, same board size. The only difference is the pattern of the LEDs.

The square configuration has a larger visual footprint lighting up as much of the lens as possible. In the round configuration the LEDs are closer together and light up just a circle inside the rectangular brake light opening.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Just a heads up: My daughter is getting married next week so my time in the next 2 weeks will be limited.

I have several sets of boards ready to ship this weekend and they will go out. If you sent payment within the last week or so, those boards will be shipped in about 2 weeks.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
yep, im slow in the head

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to carslutt
also looking to see how well these fit the 964 lights. looks like great quality upgrade.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

so much info, but still not clear how to order them. I want a pair of square brake lights asap. Would like to use PP.

retro356@gorge.net Retrotech: Classic and vintage Porsche cars, accessories and Porsche parts
Old 10-12-2015, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Porsche Crest LEDs

Put me down for a set of round lights ,
Thanks !

Old 10-12-2015, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: